“Are you in for a good scare?”

Ripley's Haunted Adventure
Ranked #41 of 113 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Ripley's Haunted Adventure takes haunted houses to the next level. Live actors lurk behind every corner of this creepy renovated mansion, just waiting to "welcome" you to their home. That high pitched scream you hear...yea that's you. But remember, you must be at least 6 years old to enter, if you dare!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 28, 2013

On the way to Gatlinburg, I picked up a coupon for $2 off at any Ripley's attraction in the area. So, I decided to use the coupon at the Haunted Adventure with some friends as part of a high school band/chorus/orchestra trip. The cashier let my friends and I use the one coupon I got for multiple transactions.

There was so much attention to detail in the set design, costumes, effects and lighting on the outside and inside. The live actors did a great job with making every guest feel like they're in a horror movie. There's even a convincing surprise ending, which I can't reveal for potential guests of RHA.

Overall, this haunted house is on par with many of Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights houses. Even though the age limit is six years and older, I would only recommend Ripley's Haunted Adventure to people ages twelve years or older. Also, be on the lookout for coupons!

1  Thank tejojo

Reviewed April 22, 2013

i went into this attraction a few years ago and it scared the crap out of me. i love haunted houses, the scarier the better...and this haunt succeeded in that. so this year when we were back in gatlinburg, we decided to go back into the haunt, since we had not done it for a few years. the guy at the ticket booth asked us if we wanted to buy a flash light, "because people who didn't buy them wished they would have. the attraction is so scary you'll wish you had bought one..blah blah blah" well we did not buy one, because the point of the attraction is to be scared and frightened, and for 13$ i want to be scared. well the three of us were put into another group with four of kids who all had a light. we were at the back of the line. i saw everything in a bright green light, i didnt get scared once, due to the lack of employees and the bright green light that showed me everything before i got to it. it was horrible. seriously do not waste your money. save 8$ and go to the mystery mansion.

1  Thank megangalyk
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great balance of scariness and family fun. The staff was exceptional at playing their parts. This was one of our favorite activities for us and the teenagers!

1  Thank creekkids2
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We wanted this to be much scarier than it was. The hype at the beginning was cool (heading up in the cage), and the comments by the man in the first room made us all VERY worried about what was to come! But after the first couple steps, there was just nothing terribly exciting, scary or unusual about this haunted house. It's appropriate for most older elementary aged kids who like that sort of thing, because no one touches you & it was just disappointingly not too scary. The guy in the box out front ("Stumpy") was pretty interesting, but you can watch him for free from the sidewalk.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My 2 younger daughters "enjoyed" it and the walk through the haunted house gave them something to talk about for a couple days. From my view, as someone in their 30's, I kept waiting for something to "happen" that would scare me or make this something other than the usual scary sights and blinky lights. Nothing ever did. Pretty average haunted house.

1  Thank Chris_and_Bethany