“Not scary”

Ripley's Haunted Adventure
Ranked #54 of 119 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Ripley's Haunted Adventure takes haunted houses to the next level. Live actors lurk behind every corner of this creepy renovated mansion, just waiting to "welcome" you to their home. That high pitched scream you hear...yea that's you. But remember, you must be at least 6 years old to enter, if you dare!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Was not scary. Actors to close. Was not worth the money. I would not go again. No one I went with was scared. It was 4 of us.

All reviews
"strip"
"coupon"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and daughter went into this attraction and expected it to be cheesy. They did not expect to get as scared as they did. If you're into haunted houses and getting creeped out, then this might be for you. We bought the Ripleys multi attraction tickets and were able to use them here as well as at a couple other activities, most within walking distance of each other.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

The price was a little much. We were definitely spooked though. I made my husband stay infront of me the whole time so when people or objects jumped out I had a shield. We both had a great scare.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I regret wasting money on this place. Visited in December and the only thing halfway interesting is the elevator you ride up in.
After that, the man who greets you and tells you about the tour was extremely rude. I've been to many haunted attractions and the tour guide has always been scary or at least tried to be. This guy wasn't trying to be scary, he was just a jerk. He shouted at us, he threw off on me twice, he was just extremely rude. That isn't scary and it didn't seem like an act either. Just his crappy personality of probably not even wanting to work there to begin with.
Plus, they make you hold the shoulders of everyone there, like a train, and you all have to stick together as that train. Which is ridiculous because first of all, I am there to be with who I came with and not big on having to grab onto people I don't know. I am an adult and quite capable of staying with the group without having to hold onto random strangers & try to keep up with them the whole time rather than get a good look at the... well crappy looking animatronics.
If you're one who likes Haunted Houses with real people scaring you- this is not the place for you. If you like crappy animatronics that aren't even scary, a very rude host and certain rules that take away from your experience there- then go blow the money that isn't worth it at all. Otherwise, stay away, which I wish I had done.

1  Thank Adorkable42