“Nice Cabin, but had a few problems.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gatlinburg Falls Resort
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Nice Cabin, but had a few problems.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I reserved a group cabin here in the fall of 2012 and had a good time overall. The cabin itself was large and spacious with three separate floors including a bottom level with a theater room and game room. The cabin was nicely decorated and had a nice set of start up supplies upon arrival, but I do recommend bringing extra pots, pans, etc. if you are cooking for larger groups. You also want to bring additional items like toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, dishwasher detergent, etc. as these things are typically not included.

The rooms were comfortable and had nice spacious bathrooms, but the showers could be updated. The views on the rooms with balconies were awesome! A beautiful sight in the mornings and during sunset.

The kitchen is nice, appliances are in great condition - though we did have a problem with the dishwasher the entire weekend, it was broken and backed up - they sent someone to fix it, but he didn't seem to do a good job because we couldn't use it at all.

The hot tub wasn't working upon arrival, but they did fix this and it was nice - standard hot tub, seated about 6-8 depending on size. One of the game machines didn't work the entire time we were there and the pool table actually collapsed while some guests were playing and one of our guests got bruised really bad from this. We contacted the offices and they didn't really seem to concerned about it either way and when maintenance came out, we discovered the table wasn't properly screwed in as it should have been - thank GOD we didn't have small children. Someone had literally just stood the table on top of the legs, so apparently it had been knocked down before and they didn't other to repair it correctly. Quite disappointing as the pool table was one of the reasons we rented the place.

The theater room was awesome! It seated about 10 with a small stage like area and a full screen w/ projector. It was great to lock ourselves in and feel like we were in an actual cinema, a real plus!

The cabins here are pretty close to other cabins so you don't have as much privacy as you do at other resorts, but they aren't as hard to find as other places. Parking is LIMITED so if you have a really large group, good luck.

The location is close to the main strip and activities, but far enough away that you can get caught in the traffic rush Friday/Saturday nights. There's a grocery, liquor and family dollar (if I remember correctly) about 10 minutes away (at least there used to be). And they were doing a lot of development on the strip so there's tons to do for families!

The resort itself doesn't offer much on site activities, if any that I can remember. Overall I'd stay here again if there were no other options but I'd steer clear of pool tables.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TristaRA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent several days here during June of 2013. This cabin is absolutely amazing. We didn't want to leave! I loved the hot tub, indoor jacuzzi, indoor sauna, massage chair, home theater, the game room, all the beds, the full kitchen, the breathtaking view of the mountains, etc. etc. I can't wait to come back here December of 2013!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sherlyn U
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We really enjoyed our weekend at Gatlinburg falls resort. Our cabin paradise vista, it was a one bedroom with a Jacuzzi it included everything we could possibly need. All the utensils, silverware, pots and pans were provided. The hot tub was very private and pleasant, although it would have been nice if the thermostat could go past 104 degrees.

The views were spectacular, especially with the mist coming off the mountains in the morning! Our cabin was located in one of the resorts (Parkview) as opposed to being one of the remote cabins however even with being in a resort it was very quiet and private during our stay. The downstairs is great for kids as it had arcade games, pool table and even a flat screen TV.

We’ll definitely be staying again in the spring! This was by far one of the most enjoyable experiences we've ever had!

Room Tip: The king bed was very plush and comfortable. We did not use the pull out sofa but the mattresses loo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PrestonAndJenny
Alabama, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Hidden Valley resort and had a wonderful time. The staff were very nice and helpful and the room was very clean! The children loved the games as well as I! It felt like home and was close to downtown Gatlinburg shopping. Everything you need is right there. You never have to leave Gatlinburg. There is a Tram so you can park your car and save gas! We are planning to come back next year! I highly recommend staying with here!

Room Tip: I recommend staying at the Hidden Valley Resort part of Gatlinburg Falls. It is quite and peaceful...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
plant city,fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

We went there with friends and we stayed at the "The Retreat"...wow what a beautiful resort...it had everything you could think off....Jacuzzi, movie room, pool table. Cabins are very well built and l loved the wood. Billy the general manager is a great guy...took great care of us...we will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at a few of there resorts approx 10 times since Feb 2012, mostly at the Hidden Valley resort. First the Positives: (1). The cabins are very nice and modern with a lot of amenities and are usually maintained pretty well. And some offer amazing views of the mountains. (2). The location is nice since it's just a few miles from downtown Gatlinburg but you still get the feel your away from everything. (3). Price. They usually offer pretty good deals on cabins with periodic specials. Now Negatives: (1). Staff. Very rude and unhelpful. We had a very bad experince with "Jerod" at the Hidden Valley resort office upon check in to where my wife was in tears. Not sure about you but I don't care to be called a liar by a 22 year old punk in there lobby full of people regarding something that had been done for us on a previous stay. The first year we came a lot of the staff was the same and was very nice and helpful and made your stay feel special; Now it's completely the opposite. Now we see a high employee turnover rate and nobody seems to know what's going on, if you talk to three different staff members you will be told three different things. One example experiencs: On a previous visit last winter we was checking in late like 12:30am so a after hours check in package with our key code was suppose to be left for us and it wasn't, so we didn't think it was a big and called the after hours number. We was put on hold by a answering service for 15 minutes only for a person to come back on and say they would have a on call person call us back, so another 15 minutes passes and finally get a call from a less than compassionate or apologetic lady that gives us our key code and says for the lack of a better word "poop happens people make mistakes". Wow I say! (2). Making a reservation. If you call them to book your trip like we do then good luck and set aside at least a hour of your time. You can be on hold for a long time even if your the next caller in the cue and then someone will pick up and disconnect you or it will just ring endlessly, and I've called all hours of the day and night always the same thing. (3). Late night noise during quit hours. Like I said before we've stayed here at least 10 times and only in the last few visits have we had problems with people partying and being loud during there 11:00pm to 7:00am quit time. It takes a lot for us to complain since we will disregard most of it but we actually had to call to put a end to the noise so we could get some sleep. And these cabins I will say are pretty sound proof. (3). Wi-Fi. If your like us who do work on your laptop while out of town or use your smart phones very much then I hope you have a good data package plan or have alternate source to acces the Internet. There wi-fi is useless in every cabin we've stayed in.
In summary the cabins and grounds are very nice and well maintained. The rates are reasonable. The distance to town is also nice if that's a need of yours. However the hassle you go through booking a reservation through there incompetent staff and the general overall rudeness that you experience is very overwhelming, and trust me I have very thick skin and it takes me a lot to get riled. So if your going to stay here please consider all my comments and use your best judgement. I wish you luck and happy vacationing!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Jmack69
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Gatlinburg Falls is the most penny-pinching business I have seen in my entire life, and an overall terrible vacation experience.

******DO NOT RENT A CABIN HERE BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY******

First, there are more hidden fees than you can imagine. Second, they will literally give you a noise complaint for any reason possible just to get the fine money. I know that I did not receive a complaint from any of the cabins around me because of the three cabins in my vicinity, they were friends of ours and also received the same "complaint." The first one was 50 because we had music playing, but not 30 minutes later, my entire cabin was asleep and we got a second additional 250 dollar fine because there were voices coming from the back porch. Which means they just walk around listening for any reason to fine you. Last, after our departure in which we did all the dishes, made our beds, etc, I received an additional 450 dollar fine due to a "dirty carpet" where there seemed to be no stains any where in the cabin.

Not only were the fines horrible, but the customer service at the resort was in one word, ATROCIOUS. Every representative I talked to from when I checked in to when I left was rude, and short with me and not helpful whatsoever. Not only that, but upon all else the hot tub, which I paid extra for, did not work and the staff never came to fix it when I told them about it the first morning I stayed there.

The cabins themselves, as well as the views, also look waaay better online than they do in real life as the resort fools you with certain camera angles and layouts.

I regret ever going to Gatlinburg Falls Resort. I wish I had read reviews before going there and wasting my money, and I hope this review helps shine a light on the terrible institution that is Gatlinburg Falls Resort.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Patrick D
GatlinburgCabins, Manager at Gatlinburg Falls Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It is our mission that each guest has an exceptional experience while staying with us. We regret that anyone leaves unsatisfied. Too allow our guests to enjoy their stay on our resort we strictly enforce quiet hours from 11pm-7am. We make guests aware of this at check-in when they sign the reservation agreement. This group was a fraternity and we do not tolerate the disturbance of our other guest. When a noise complaint is called in from another guest, we verify where the noise is originating and refer to our rental agreement on which action needs to be taken. This group disrupted the vacation of their neighbors at 12:00AM and again at 2:45AM.

Our standards for cleanliness are very high and the carpets were left in a state that required extra cleaning. Both our housekeeping staff and the Director of Services confirmed this occurred during the guest stay. We also have no record of any issues with the hot tub during the stay. Had we been informed we would have gladly taken care of the issue in a timely manner.

In regards to the view from the cabin, all of our pictures are taken directly from the cabin and are the same views you will see online. The view from this cabin is stated online as a gorgeous view and clearly shows in the pictures that you will be looking through a wooded area to see the mountains. We apologize if the guest felt the view was not what they expected.

We at Gatlinburg Falls strive to make each guest a guest for a lifetime and hate to hear that anyone leaves unhappy. Unfortunately, when it comes down to partying guest we just simply cannot allow them to infringe on others vacations, so we have policies in place to assure everyone has an enjoyable time at our resort. This allows all of our guest to enjoy their stay without fear of a guest disturbing their rest.