“Don't believe everything you read” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gatlinburg Falls Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gatlinburg Falls Resort
Westlake, Louisiana
“Don't believe everything you read”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

First of all, the initial reviews had me worried as to what to expect. After reading the reviews here, I was expecting a place that I was going to regret staying. What I've learned is that I think people expect the Waldorf Astoria/New York and that's just not what they're going to get. People with any negative thoughts seem to be the loudest.

My wife and I went on small getaway for some quiet time away from home. We got to the community with no problems if you know how to follow directions. The community is close to everything in Gatlingburg and just far enough not to have to deal with too much. We got there and checked in with no problems. The cabin itself is just what we needed and just what we saw on the internet when searching for a place to stay. The cabin is a nice value and worth the price.

If I had to FIND something that wasn't perfect like most of these negative reviews expected, there were a couple things. The TV's would be nice if it were HD. I did read that the beds weren't the most comfortable in the world, but it's also not concrete. It took a little while to heat up the hottub, but it eventually got there. Again, none of these are worth completely slamming this place. I rated this as a 4 star because that's what this is and it's a really nice to stay. It's not a 5 because it's not the Waldorf Astoria/New York, like some people who have left these reviews thought it would be.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Darren S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
Evans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We rented 3 cabins at the Glades and the Wedding and Conference Center for our first ever Vietnam Reunion. All present loved the location and want to do it again in 2015. The staff was very accommodating especially Carrie H. who went out of her way to make our reunion a great one. The cabins were great, and were peaceful and quiet except for the large brown bear that frequently visited the dumpster (loved it). If there was a negative it was the lack of washcloths in the cabins (we had to purchase washcloths for our guest to use). We will be making reservations in January for our next reunion.

Ken B

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Harrisonburg, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Hot tub had a dead rat floating in it. Didnt even heat up once i took it out. Cleaners didnt even flush the downstairs toilet. Regret spending my money and time at this horrible excuse for a "resort".

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Dogsrcool
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We spent three nights in this cabin in October of 2013. I would like to rate the cabin higher but just keep getting bogged down in the small details. 1st the directions the Gatlinburg Falls resort office were unclear, a phone call to the resort did little to resolve the issue, only a good guess took us to the office. Secondly they only included the AAA discount they advertised after we requested to see the mgr., who did approve it but never came out to the check-in desk. Finally, coming from a hot weather climate, I was looking forward to the fireplaces during the cool evening, only to learn that the fireplaces are electric (not real, and put out no heat, not even a good simulation) left me feeling that the advertising was a little deceptive.

A couple of other small things, TV's need to be updated, could use a deeper cleaning but acceptable.

Enough of the cons. The pros...Beautiful cabin, stunning views. Plenty of room for all to spread out. In the final analysis, the views and the space to relax is the reason we rented the cabin. In this regard I rate the property a full five out of five.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I took my wife and newborn child on our first vacation together. We were met by beer can launching guests who almost killed our infant. Bears were everywhere. Management wasn't helpful and carpets were very dirty it seemed as if they hadn't been cleaned ever.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Lightthecandle
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We rented a couple of cabins billed as "private." However, upon entering, I was struck by just how residential and urban the neighborhood was. There is no privacy or intimacy whatsoever. The houses feel crammed one on top of another and there is no difference between these cabins and your average suburban neighborhood other than the fact that they are log cabins. The management team went out of their way to make us feel uncomfortable and unwanted. Their responses to the most basic situations and complaints were to make threats against us.

Moreover, upon exiting, we were hit with damages that simply did not exist. We are currently in the process of hiring an attorney to take them to court. I would not wish the time we had at Gatlinburg Falls upon my worst enemy. Truly the worst vacation experience of my life.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ronald347
Belfry, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at the Irish Mist cabin with my family for my birthday and had a wonderful time. We were able to visit downtown Gatlinburg but still enjoy our time in nature at the beautiful cabin. The view was great, the cabin was spacious and very clean and we all had a great time. Carrie H. did a wonderful job planning our getaway for us. We definitely will be back. Thanks for the great time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family