“Great family vacations”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gatlinburg Falls Resort
Cooper City, Florida, United States
“Great family vacations”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We have stayed here multiple times in various cabins. They have all been cabin very comfortable and the views were spectacular. The resort is conveniently located near all the major attractions. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We continue to love it every time and are planning our next vacation here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have stayed at Gatlinburg Falls many times and have always been impressed with both the location and the efficiency of the management. Absolute Adventure is conveniently located near the entrance of the property and very near the beautiful pool with a flowing creek behind the cabin. While it is not a "view" property, its accessibilty and value makes up for any loss of view. We stay in cabins because compared to staying in a cramped hotel room, it just makes better sense. Jacuzzi tub, pool table and hot tub? What hotel offers that at a comparable price? My family loves these cabins and we will be back soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Landen, Ohio
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We just returned from a long weekend at the GFR resort. Our cabin was Evening Star. I have to say that this is a truly mixed review. Some real pluses, and some serious cons. Most of the pros were "resort" specific while many of the cons were "cabin" specific.

First the pros:

Great customer service - every request I had for assistance was met with a great customer service line. We were quickly brought 10 extra towels and did respond to our request to have someone come spray for ants (see more below).

Great booking help - when I booked the cabin, I had very specific requirements. After describing all the things I wanted, the gentleman on the phone found exactly what we were looking for. Much easier than searching for an hour on their website.

Grand location - very close to Gatlinburg ( stoplight #1 so avoid all the town traffic), and Pigeon Forge. Great location within 10 mins of everything.

Cabin - Clean and nicely decorated. It was the perfect size for 6 people, 10 would be crowded.

Cons:

Ants - whatever spray the exterminator used did NOT work. Even after calling customer service we had ants all over counters and cabinets. We could keep no dry goods on counter or cabinets. Finally had to get ant spray at the store and that did work.

Cookware - Ridiculously non existent. Lets put it this way - it's a good thing we planned to do no cooking (just cold breakfast and lunch sandwiches) as the cookware in this cabin is embarrassing. 1 large pot and 1 small pot. That is it. No bakeware, no baking sheets, no pans, etc. Limited large utensils.

House number- The address of this house was 666. Really? What a way to start a vacation, driving up to your cabin and seeing you are staying at one with a number 666. May not bother some but was creepy and poor customer planning from my perspective

Would stay at GFR again, but not Evening Star.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank travelfoolIndiana
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This cabin was so dirty, we checked out. ALL the mattresses were terribly stained, no mattress pads.
The floors were so dirty, the kids feet turned black with dirt. There was a pill on the floor in the living room. There was food in the folds of the recliner. Pubic hair all over the bathroom floor, not ours. Cobwebs on the light fixtures. Dirt CAKED in and on the vents. The wooden spoons looked like they dug the dirt to build the cabin.
But the first response from the Gatlinburg Falls people was what really got us. They came and documented everything at 9:30 P.M., and then told us, at 10:00 P.M that there was nothing they could do for us. We had 3 kids to get to bed and at 10:30 they did send a non English speaking couple to clean the place, which we said no, we had kids that were so tired, we had to figure out someplace CLEAN and safe to put them, so we spent hours cleaning the place to an acceptable level to safely put the kids to bed.The cleaning company brought in 2 "cleaned" mattresses at 11 P.M that smelled so bad they smelled like a dirty wet dog. We got the kids to sleep and basically stayed up trying to figure out what to do as we had paid $1900 for 5 days at this cabin. The next morning, we went down to the office and they did offer to move us to another cabin, which they let us see, but it was smaller; too small for our group and not well maintained.They got us in touch with another cabin company who had a place for us to see and we took the offer even though we had to pay a higher amount. Gatlinburg Falls did refund our money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Bubbeof1
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have been a customer at this resort for the past 8 years this being my eighth visit. Unfortunately I don't believe I will be returning after my family's stay at majestic point on June 29th and 30th.
I reserved the 5 bedroom cabin on their original property (10+ yrs) for the amenities of a home theater, hot tub, arcade games, air hockey, foosball and pool. Arriving Saturday here is a list of what we encountered with items that were fixed in parentheses:
1. Home theatre not working (not fixed and told it would be by a maintenance man when asked his name stated it was "Nobody" and "Nobody" ever returned the following day
2. Downstairs DVD not hooked up properly (we fixed using our own cables to get to work)
Bed broken (was fixed that evening)
3. Refrigerator not closing and not cooling (had to remove door shelf to assist door in closing. Finally cooled the next morning)
4. Air hockey not working (fixed next day)
5. Hot tub not working (never fixed after looked at three times)
6. Lights not working downstairs (we finally got switches in right position and came on)
7. Upstairs bathtub doesn't drain (fixed second day)
8. Exhaust fan doesn't work in same bath (not addressed)
9. Sink slow drain (fixed second day)
10. Poorly stocked with not enough linens, no dishcloths, no pot holders, no broom (towels and washcloths brought next day)
11. Carpets need to be cleaned - children's feet black after in house barefoot (doesn't seem to be a regular maintenance plan for carpet cleaning since they have 97% occupancy with limited time to address regular maintenance needs)
12. Internet slow (not addressed)
13. Downstairs bath - Towel rod coming off wall and Shower rod came down (not addressed)
14. Dishwasher broken (when trying to wash dishes as the resort requests; couldn't perform due to soap not dispensing)
Long list for a resort that has been ranked as a top vacation spot from trip advisor in 2012.
Gatlinburg falls resort has 400 + cabins and they seem to have lost sight of maintaining the older cabins 10+ yrs to be up to standard with the newer ones but are still charging nearly $800 a night.
I'm disappointed in the overall experience and my family and I will not be returning.
I could stay at the beach for a week or off season for a month for that price! Hello ocean!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Melqb120
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Very beautiful cabins. We stayed in "Leisure Time". The Ms. Pacman game is basically useless so don't plan on playing that one and the air hockey didn't have much "air". All the others were fun and worked pretty well. The cabin was very clean and smelled great! There's only one A/C thermostat so the bedroom downstairs was freezing while the upstairs bedroom and game area stayed very hot!! As far as supplies in the cabin, this is what is provided: One trash bag in the can, 2 small packs of dishwasher detergent, one small bottle of dishwashing liquid, one small bar of soap, one roll of toilet paper, very limited pots and cooking utensils, no hair dryer, no laundry detergent, and no extra sheets or blankets. I did ask for more dishwashing detergent one time and they very nicely gave me 2 packs so I assume they would provide anything you run out of, you just have to ask. One thing we didn't like was how close the cabins were to each other. In the pictures, it seems like the cabins are more secluded than they actually are. A;so, the pool is WAY TOO SMALL for the amount of people that stay in these cabins. We tried going twice, but didn't even get in because it was just way too crowded.
With all that said, we did enjoy our stay. Not sure we would stay here again, mostly because we like a little more privacy, but if you don't mind staying in such close proximity to others, you would enjoy this resort.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tmom4
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I just decided that I would find us a family vacation in the next few weeks. I spent a few hours looking through cabinsofthesmokymountains.com but just wasn't able to make a decision. There is so much to choose from, so many pictures, such a large price range and so much to consider. With all of this I was becoming anxious as well as nervous about making the right choice for me, my wife and five children. I called the resort and was helped by a very pleasant lady named Destiny who spent a lot of time listening to what my needs and request are. She asked me to slow down because she was writing down everything I was asking for. She wanted to make sure that she would find us the perfect accommodation. She narrowed down the choices for me and within minutes I was able to commit with confidence. We are booked and all super excited about finally having a legitimate family vacation. Thank you Destiny.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family