“Horrific customer service and dirty cabins!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gatlinburg Falls Resort
“Horrific customer service and dirty cabins!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

The customer service is terrible! We had to call multiple times with something that wasn't working properly. We had an hour and a half delay getting into our cabin due to an "inspection". Our hot tub, projector for the theatre, jacuzzi and 2 theatre chairs were broken. We asked the CSR why these have not been replaced and he said because they are too expensive to replace! He then has the audacity to tell us he would wave the service call! Why would the customer pay to fix their broken property in the first place? To top it off, we found 2 cockroaches in the cabin and 1 in our luggage. When I reported this to customer service the CSR acted like it was no big deal. I am disgusted with this resort and its lack of customer service! We will never stay here again.

3 Thank ashnew72088

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Gatlinburg Falls area was beautiful and very well maintained. Our cabin "city relief" was absolutely beautiful and a joy to stay in. I loved the decour and the relaxing vibe of the cabin. I would recommend gatlinburg falls cabins to anyone looking for a beautiful luxury cabin in the smokie mountains. Can't wait to come back!

1 Thank nola85
Mansfield, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed in one of these awesome cabins. There were 7 adults and 4 children. Plenty of sleeping with 3 BR, 2 sofa beds, and a futon in the game room. The kitchen was fully equipped with everything but the food. There were flat screen TVs in every BR, living room, and a BIG screen in the lower family room with a gaming system. There was a pool table, air hockey, and Ms Pacman in the game room. The upper deck had a swing with a beautiful view of the smokey mountains. The lower deck sported many rocking chairs and a hot tub to the enjoyment of all! We were minutes from the main strip in Gatlinburg where we played putt putt golf, visited numerous shops, and especially enjoyed the wax museum. Pigion Forge is just 30 minutes from the cabins and we took the scenic route through the Great Smokey Mountains National Park to Harrah's Cherokee Casino one evening. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: There isn't a bad view in this group of cabins!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the resort because they offered pet friendly cabins and there was a buy 2 nights get 2 nights free special going on at the time. I picked the cabin through the website so I had a fairly good idea of what we were getting. The customer service at the front desk was good and the check in was quick. When we got to the cabin it had a few issues and we called maintenance, it was 8-9 pm before they got there and said they had to come back in the morning at 10 am to fix the rest. Ok we set our alarms and got up and waited. By noon my husband called and got the 'high call volume' recording so he drove down to the office. They said they would get there when they could because they were having a lot of calls coming in. We were not waiting all day, we had plans but we also did not want anyone in the cabin when we weren't there because we had a pet with us and we didn't want anyone to mess with our parrot. We left notes to leave the bird alone, he bites But they never showed up until later the second evening. The kitchen was awesome and had everything you could possibly need in dishes and appliances. The hot tub on the deck was really nice and warm and we used it a lot and the game room downstairs was fun. The cabin was comfortable and we would go back again but they need to update the bedding on both beds. It was old and uncomfortable. I thought the main bedroom had a cute spread and pillow shams until I realized that the spread was the blanket, the only blanket except for an old scratchy one I found in a drawer. Downstairs bedroom had an old comforter on it that I didn't feel comfortable using, ended up at Walmart to buy a comforter. So bring your own blankets. Mattresses were ok but need to be replaced. There were blinds on most of the windows which was good because we were up on a ridge and the sun was really bright in the mornings. The only room on the main floor that didn't have window covers was the living room front main windows, at night I felt like everyone could see in, if there had been people in the cabin right next door they would have had a good view of us, really need some blinds on the deck side. I noticed no window screens so you wouldn't be able to open the windows in the spring or summer because the bugs would come in. We were disappointed that the electric fireplaces didn't put off any heat, maintenance said people run them too much and burn out the heating elements but the furnace worked well and we were comfortable. We had a bad wind the first night we were there and the outdoor maintenance had their hands full with tree branches and a big mess but they were right on it and did a good job cleaning up. Even with these few issues we had a good time and would return and our parrot didn't freak out since the cabin seemed like home and not a hotel room. We could have used a vacuum cleaner to help keep his food off the floor but maintenance said people steal them so they don't keep them in cabins. We would go back to this cabin, now that we know what to expect and could come prepared. We did read the website and when it says they only supply a small supply of soap, dish soap, paper towels, toilet paper etc,. they mean it, bring your own.
All in all we had fun, our parrot was comfortable and Gatlinburg was fun. Bubba Gump was really entertaining and my husband loved the Ole Smoky Moonshine distillery. There weren't many people in town so we didn't have to wait for seats anywhere and the aquarium didn't had many people so we got to see everything. I don't know if I would come to this resort in the summer when the rates are really high, but then rates are really high in the summer everywhere in Gatlinburg. If you can get the buy 2 nights get 2 free its a good value.

Room Tip: Look at the website to choose a cabin, some are up high with a view and some are low in valleys. It...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

In August 2011, my husband and I stayed with Gatlinburg Falls in the cabin "A Rare Find" for our honeymoon. The cabin was beautiful, customer service was outstanding, and the complimentary shampoo, conditioner, and lotion were amazing! I was impressed with their standard of professionalism and how well the cabin was taken care of. With that being said, I was less than impressed when my husband and I returned to Gatlinburg Falls Feb. 25-Mar.1, 2013. We stayed in "Mountain Treasure" at Gatlinburg Falls at the Park. The cabin itself is beautiful, but the customer service we received was HORRIBLE.
Check-in on Monday afternoon was seamless. The clerk was friendly, gave us directions to our cabin, and told us to have a nice vacation. No mention of any problem at the cabin was brought to our attention at all. Approximately an hour after our arrival at the cabin, I notice a man in a truck outside our cabin. I open the door and ask him who he is and why he's there. He said "I'm maintenance, and I'm here to fix the projector for your home theater system." I said "Um, ok, but I wasn't even aware that there was a problem with the home theater system." The clerk at check-in should have alerted us of the problem and told us that maintenance would be coming by that night. We weren't really prepared for anyone to be entering our cabin that night....it is vacation after all.
After working on the system for about 2 hours, he came back upstairs to inform us that he was missing a cable and would have to come back at 10:00 am to finish the job. We were a little frustrated by this since we are not morning people, and we shouldn't have to get up at a certain time on our vacation to let the maintenance man in, but we really wanted the home theater working as soon as possible, so we were more than willing to make the sacrifice. The next morning, we set our alarm, got up to meet the maintenance man....and he never showed up. We made several attempts to contact the office about the problem, but all the calls either went straight to a voice mailbox that was full, or in the rare case that someone would answer, they would say "we are experiencing a high call volume right now, can we please call you back as soon as possible?" Of course, I left my name and number.....and no one ever called me back. Finally, I called them back again and I was able to speak to someone about our situation. They assured us that they put in another work order for maintenance to come out either that night, or at 10 am the next morning. I tried 14 times that day to get a hold of someone that could help us, but I only actually got through just once. (2 nights without the home theater system working).
The next morning, again, we work up early anticipating the maintenance man at 10 am.....he never came. I called the office again, and asked for a supervisor this time. The guest services woman said "Before I get the manager for you, can you tell me about your problem?" I explained the whole situation to her, and before she could offer a solution, our call was cut off. Immediately, I tried to call back to finish our conversation, and a lady answered the phone and said "we are experiencing a high call volume right now, can we please call you back as soon as possible?" At that point, I lost it. I just started balling and told her "no! I am not hanging up until I get someone to listen to our problem!" My husband had to take over my phone call because I was crying so hard. Guest services then contacted the maintenance supervisor, and within 2 hours, he was at our cabin to finally fix the system. Once he left, he assured us that everything was in proper working order. So that night, we rented a few movies and prepared to spend the evening watching movies and relaxing. Unfortunately, when we sat down to watch our movie, a loud screeching noise came from one of the surround sound speakers, and we were unable to get it to stop. At that point, we were so frustrated at the whole situation, we just gave up on the theater system, and tried to make the best out of our last days there. We had been planning this vacation for over a year, and the last thing we wanted to do was spend it either waiting for a maintenance man, or on the phone with guest services. It really ruins the romance when you are always waiting for the maintenance man to knock on the door. For our trouble, we were offered 10% off our next stay. Of course, we declined because after this horrible experience, we will never use Gatlinburg Falls resort ever again. They do not offer refunds on broken amenities, but it would be in their best interest to hire a maintenance staff that can handle the demands of all the cabins they manage. The next time I go to the Smokies, I will be seeking out a company that still takes pride in their customer service and actually reaches the level of excellence claimed to be held by Gatlinburg Falls Resort.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Beth T
toccoa ga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom cabin called Amazing Grace in the park view resort. The cabin was very clean with plenty of games for entertainment.( pool,pinball,arcade) The furniture was a little worn and the bed was not very comfortable. We were not very happy with the location being across from the main check in/out lodge. We did research the cabins before we made reservations and this one was a little more expensive so we felt it would be in a better location. There was a lot of traffic and people parking at our cabin due to the fact it was directly across from the lodge. A few small things would go wrong and could never get cabin phone to work so I thought I would walk over to lodge but it seemed to always be locked. We have stayed at this resort before and were offered discount coupons (one month ago to be exact) but this time we stayed longer and thought they might be useful but they no longer offered them. The resort also use to stock the cabins with the best shampoo,soaps,lotions that I believe we're locally made but they also no longer do that and have replaced them with your ordinary cheap generic soap. I was most disturbed by the customer service. The staff would have much rather talked on the phone then check me in. Then acted as if I was bothersome by asking generic questions when no one else was around. i would have most definitely given the resort a higher rating but this was our sixth time staying with the resort and it is starting to really show some wear and tear also my biggest pet peeve is customer service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Me and my feonsa and our girls 6 & 14 months stayed in cabin #38 at legacy mountain resort a rare find. The cabin was wonderful and had every thing we wanted and the view was amazing. The hot tub nob was missing and the staff there was really nice and took care of the problem. We loved it alot and had fun. We had plenty of room for my youngest babys play pen in the game room right out of the master bedroom. I would recomend this to any one.

Jason morgan