“Terrible, Horrible, Ruined vacation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gatlinburg Falls Resort
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had a vacation booked for our family December 26, 2012-January 1, 2013 in your cabin, "A View to Remember." Upon arrival, after a 10-hour drive, we unloaded our vehicle and gave one child (4 years of age) a bath while the other child (4 week old infant) was laid down on one of the beds. Minor issues began emerging immediately. Within 10 minutes of my grandson exiting the bath, his feet were black from where your floors were so filthy. A cockroach was found in the master bath, ladybugs were everywhere, multiple light bulbs were burnt out, the trash bins in the kitchen were unclean etc. Bottom line, your cabin was dirty and did not meet the standards to which you "claim" to hold your business to. "Cleanest cabins in the Smokies,"

As I stated above, those were the minor issues. The major issues was that one hour into unpacking our belongings and getting settled, MOLD was discovered in the ½ bath on the main floor. Your office was contacted immediately upon discovery. I stated that we could not stay at this rental cabin with mold due to the fact that we had a 4-week-old newborn. We were informed nothing could be done until maintenance personnel arrived to confirm it was mold. After 2 more calls to your office and over 2 hours later, a maintenance man arrived. He immediately took pictures and confirmed it was mold. I want you to process that last sentence. A member of YOUR STAFF CONFIRMED IT WAS MOLD. We had no choice but to leave the cabin, unless we wished to put a child and newborn baby in harms way.

After the mold was confirmed, management did call and state they would refund my money. The problem was they had no other cabins available for us to stay in during our vacation. By this time it was 9pm. Needless to say we were without a place to stay. We checked into a hotel at 12:15 am on the 27th. It took us the whole day on the 27th to find a cabin to stay, which was not at all comparable to "A View To Remember." Inconvenience is not even a word to use for this lack of management! We unloaded, loaded back up, unloaded partially at hotel, loaded back up and then unloaded again at the cabin. I even had to go back to the location in which we checked in to get a person to refund my money on the rental after multiple attempts at contacting a manager by phone. We spent the first day and a half of our 5-day vacation just trying to find an available cabin.

We had a family of 8 and this is a vacation that we take once a year as a family for 10 years now. We all take off work and enjoy our vacation in Pigeon Forge. This year was the most unpleasant experience we have had while coming here. Your company did nothing to make this right except refund my money like that was even a question. You were everything less than accommodating. We were stranded in Pigeon Forge on the busiest week of the year with a newborn baby and due to your company and all your managers did was hide and dodge phone calls from us making the process even more time consuming and difficult.

Cindy Bailey

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Cindy B
Write a ReviewReviews (2,735)

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had 2 families (4 adults, 3 kids) that stayed 3 nights in the "Smoky Mountain High" cabin at Gatlinburg Falls Parkview Resort. The cabin was 2 bedrooms, 2 baths but comfortably slept 7 because of multiple sleeper sofas. The cabin was very clean and up to date. We found the front desk staff to be very helpful and friendly during check in. We were overall very pleased witj our visit and will come back again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Tampa1029
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed in a cabin called private indulgence. It was exactually what we wanted.. to be secluded in the mountains. The cabin was extremely clean and the hot tub on the back deck is beautiful. That's where we spent the most time when we weren't going out around pigeon forge and gatlinsburg. We defintly will be going back!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We have stayed at Gatlinburg Falls probably 7-8 times over the years. We have always throughly enjoyed our stay in each of the cabins we have been in and cannot really say anything was not to our liking. I have recommended this place to several friends and family who have also stayed there and had a great experience. Book with confidence this place is the real deal.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We decided to have a couples trip(no kids) to Gatlinburg for 3 nights. Our cabin(4 couples) was the Greenbriar Lodge and the other 5 couples stayed right next door in 5 o'clock Somewhere. The cabins were great. Clean, well laid out, and fun. Everyone enjoyed the place. Also ideally located to town. When we go back, we will use them again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've traveled all over the United States and through Central America and I can honestly say it's hard to find a place that compares to Gatlinburg Falls Resort. Between the breath taking views of the smokies & first class service their staff shows, they made my family's stay one we won't forget. The location is perfect with easy access to Pigeon Forge and the stripe in Gatlinburg. The cabins are ridiculously clean, spacious, & full of plenty entertainment with flat screens, game rooms, & even theater rooms. I had the pleasure of speaking with the management team and they are a top notch group of individuals. Front desk did a great job of answer every question we had about the resort & even the surrounding areas. I highly recommend Gatlinburg Falls Resort & I look forward to the day when my family can return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jason M
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I rented out the "Big Easy" cabin for my mom's 60th birthday. The staff was friendly, helpful and accomodating as we only needed a 1 nights stay. It had plenty of games for the kids and the projection tv was a big hit! The dinning room table 10 was great!! I think the appliances needed some updating, as well as some of the game equipment but overall it was a great stay....we will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family