“maintaining mess”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gatlinburg Falls Resort
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just returned from my friends and mine seventh stay at this cabin area. We continue to return due to sentimental reasons definitely not the accomodations. When we arrived at our cabin ( reservations complete four months ago) the hot tub and home theater were nonoperable. After numerous calls to the office, the maintanence worker arrived . The mantainence man, Jerry, should be commended for the excellent service he provided although he could not repair the hot tub. Although another tub repairman came late the next day, the hot tub was out of operation during our entire stay. Each year upon our return we have realized the persistent neglect of upkeep to these cabin facilities. It would be strongly advisable that when cleaning the cabins for the next occupant (s) that the management have a mandatory checklist to ensure the total operation of the offered accommondations especially considering the rental prices. These are definitely not a value for your money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
GatlinburgCabins, Front Office Manager at Gatlinburg Falls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for your comments. Please accept our apologizes as we do regret that your stay with us was anything but enjoyable. We know your vacation is important to you and we strive to make every guest a guest for a lifetime. We strive to maintain a clean and comfortable environment for our guests by having our cabins both cleaned and inspected prior to check in. We have a rigorous Inspection process for each cabin, that is completed upon check in. Our records show that these items were operational at the time of inspection. We apologize these services were not working at the time of check in. Items such as a Hot Tub that runs all the time can break in-between inspection and checkin. The requests were seen and addressed by our maintenance crews the same day. Unfortunately, even with an outside vendor, we were unable to resolve the hot tub issues. We do take guest feedback to heart. We use comments such as these to improve standards for future guest. We have passed along your concerns to our Services Department. Please rest assured that our staff has been made aware of these concerns and we are preventing future issues such as yours. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. If you have any questions or concerns please email or call us at 1-866-34-SMOKY.

There are newer reviews for Gatlinburg Falls Resort

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed in Legacy View. A beautiful 1 br cabin. We loved the cabin and can't say enough about how beautifully decorated and nice the cabin was. Our complaints however were not being able to find an address for the office. We emailed the morning before and didn't receive a response until more than 24 hours later. As for calling. Forget it. I called no less than 8 times and was hung up on over and over before ever getting to speak with a person. Finally after over an hour trying to get through, I reached a live person and got the right address to check in to our cabin. This put a sour mood to start our trip but the rest of our stay was wonderful.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Ebhs2324
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had a small water leak in one of the bathrooms and we called maint to fix the problem. When we returned from shopping, did not notice at first but there was over $50 and a wedding band missing. These items were hidden so they had to search for something to steal. We talked to management and all they did was say we needed to file a police report. They did not care about our valuables. The place is nice, however we will not come back. We stayed in a five bedroom cabin called City Relief.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank dmackey1234
GatlinburgCabins, Front Office Manager at Gatlinburg Falls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. Gatlinburg Falls Resort prides itself on having the cleanest, most guest-friendly cabins in the Smoky Mountains. On the day that your maintenance request was made, we had staff members visit the cabin in order to address the leak. Once the guests had returned to the cabin we were made aware of the issue of the missing valuables. Immediately we conducted an investigation. We concluded that we had no evidence pointing to anyone on our staff. We then recommended that the guest have the police do an outside investigation. They have also cleared our staff of any involvement. Please be reassured our staff is dedicated to the safety and well being of our guests. Our maintenance personnel involved have been forthcoming and cooperative with the local Police Department. We are sorry to hear that the items went missing. On a daily basis we manage 30 to 50 lost and found items returned including jewelry, electronics, money etc that are turned in from our staff. Once the items are collected we notify the occupants of that particular cabin and then we arrange shipment of the found items. We hope you will give us the opportunity of serving you again in the future. Please feel free to call or email us at 1-866-34-SMOKY if you have any questions or concerns.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We just returned from 5 nights at the Gatlinburg Falls Resort in Gatlinburg. We rented a cabin with 3 Master suites to accommodate three couples. The pictures on their website looked spectacular, and I expected a 4 star experience for the cost. It was not. The cabins from the outside look great...but the inside was in desperate need of an updating. The furniture and carpeting were worn and stained. There was dog hair on the couch, and no mattress pads on the beds. No amenities such as shampoo, conditioner, etc... just a basic bar of soap and no hair dryer. I thought that was standard fare for properites that charged $300/night. I guess I was wrong. The decks were great with rocking chairs, and terrific views. The game room was a blast, even though, it too, was kind of beat up. Location is wonderful....just a couple minute drive to downtown or the National Park. A grocery store is just down the street. Don't expect seclusion, as these cabins are in a kind of "cabin subdivision"...the pictures don't show how close they all are to each other. The grounds of the property were well kept. It's such a shame the same can't be said for the inside of the cabins. When we checked out, I heard a very unhappy renter complaining to the manager about roaches in her cabin. Bottom line is that they obviously need new management and housekeeping. We won't be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JungleJanet
GatlinburgCabins, Front Office Manager at Gatlinburg Falls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

We appreciate your comments, Thank you.Gatlinburg Falls Resort prides itself on having the cleanest, most guest-friendly cabins in the Smoky Mountains. We rely on our guests to let us know when their stay is not up to our standards. We are sorry that the cabin did not meet all your expectations. As we serve over a million visitors a year, unfortunately some wear and tear is normal in an overnight rental cabin. Each cabin is individually owned and if items in the cabin need to be replaced or updated, we report this to the owner. We are constantly working with owners to ensure the the cabins are up to par. We have forwarded your comments along as well. We are pleased to hear that you did enjoy the other aspects of the cabin such as the view and location. We would love the opportunity to serve you and your guests again on a future visit to the Smoky Mountains. Again thank you for your feedback. Have a great day!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had a great time during our 2 night stay at Gatlinburg Falls. Hide Away was just the ticket! it was a one bedroom cabin with a hot tub on the deck, pool table, air hockey, pinball and arcade game. There were some things that weren't perfect but hardly worth complaining about (like the air not working well on the air hockey table becasue there was dust build up in the fan). For us it was like paradise and I wish I could soak in a hot tub on a deck in the woods every night! Even though there were neighbors on both sides we still felt we had enough privacy. It would be nice if one of the doors went right out to the hot tub but it wasn't a big deal. We were very close to town (5 minutes or so). Staff we dealt with was friendly. We were able to check in a little early. The dual head shower was great but the extra jets that shoot out aren't that great if you're short, so I turned that part off (again, no big deal).

Would I stay here again? Heck ya! Would I recommend it? Definitely! We loved it!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kitty917
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I booked what should have been a romantic weekend getaway here this past weekend, Oct 19-21 2012.When we arrived we were pleased with the property and received good customer service at check in. The cabin was pretty on the inside and outside. The few positives…Now lets get to the cons. Upon walking in there was a faint smell of pot in the kitchen and open areas. In the master bedroom there was a faint smell of cigarettes. This was the first thing we would mention as the cabins are smoke free and we did not want to be held responsible and charged fees when we were not the guilty party. I could have dealt with the smell but unfortunately this is not were the mishaps ended. I went to take a shower in the morning. I am 5’1. They brag about the multi head showers. However if you are short forget it. They apparently are only meant for tall people. I was unpleasantly squirted in the face. So I went to turn those jets off and they would not turn off. After that I go to brush my teeth and the sink is stopped up. THIS IS NOT the luxury experience I was hoping for…nor worth the “military discount” rate of $560 for 2 nights!!!!
We stopped by the front desk to let them know about the smell, the sink, and the shower. So after spending the day downtown we come home late that night to a note that says they fixed the sink but the shower is not able to be fixed until Monday. Seriously???? After we leave they can fix it.
Now let me get to some other mentions…I don’t understand the layout of these cabins. The pictures show a nice heart shaped tub but what they don’t let you know is that it is on the “kids” level. Yes you read that right. The outside hot tub and the heart shaped Jacuzzi tub are on the downstairs level where the bunk beds, game tables, and video games are located. The master suite is on the top floor. So if you want to get romantic with your significant other in the heart shaped tub you better hope no one else is staying with you and be prepared to have to move floors to get to your bedroom.
I guess the downstairs shower is the one they expected me to use. Because being inconvenienced on my expensive romantic getaway is exactly what I paid for. Not to mention that the shower doors on the shower were off the top rack and did not even have a bottom rack. And the Jacuzzi tub was missing a cap on one of the water jets. Does this sound like “The Finest Luxury”?
The hot tub outside is NOT private. We could see right into our neighbor’s dining room and they could see us. There is a privacy wall up on one side but not the other. This makes no sense! As well as the jet placement in the outdoor hot tub. Ridiculous!!!
The video arcade game had old school games and we were excited. However the controller malfunctioned and did not go up. Try playing Pacman, Donkey Kong, and Frogger when you can’t make your guy move up. It sucks! We went to play pool and one of the pool sticks that were placed on the table to play with literally fell apart when I picked it up. The screw hole had been completely stripped. They had to have noticed this when they set up the display. Last but not least the air hockey table had a cracked handle.
Bottom line…bad decisions in design and poor upkeep.
I completed my comment card, took it to the office, and specifically asked for a manager to review it. On the card I requested to be contacted. Not hearing anything I called and asked to speak with a manager today. She basically told me that like with a house things happen. She said she was sorry they could not fix the shower while we were there. I am thinking that if someone was renting my house for $280 a night and things weren’t working right I would not charge them full price. But was there any gesture or compensation made to us…NOPE. Oh wait they will give me 15% off next time I stay. First of all repeat guest get 10% off. So the mishaps and experience of having to deal with all this crap on our vacation is worth 5% off our next stay. I DON’T THINK SO!!!! What an insult.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SmileImaQTpie

We would like to thank you very much for your review. Knowing these things helps us prevent them in the future. Gatlinburg Falls Resort does have someone on call 24 hours to help deal with these issues even after hours. We strive to get these things fixed just as quickly as possible for you. However we have no records of your issues you have reported here.

The cigarette smell from the previous occupant and though the cabin was cleaned, sometimes these smells can stay for a little while. The previous guest has since been charged for smoking in the cabin. If we were informed of the situation, we would have been happy to send someone to the cabin to remove the odor. Unfortunately the Jacuzzi location and the size of the shower head is not something that we can control as a management company. I apologize that these posed an inconvenience during your stay. Some cabins such as yours like to utilize more space to give a more open feel. We are sorry this did not meet your expectations.

We apologize if you feel you were insulted in any way. As we strive to earn guests for a lifetime. To discuss this further please call Daniel Ford the Front Office Manager at 1-866-34-SMOKY. Thank you for your time and we hope to service you again in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

On October 18-21, 2012, a group of us (4 couples) rented Greenbrier Grace from Gatlinburg Falls Resort, which proved to be a disaster from the start. The cabin was rented in early September. No pictures were provided on the website but we went on faith. We rented a 5 bedroom, five bath cabin. When we arrived we saw a television (not new, but dated) in every room. When we attempted to watch the news, we discovered that there was no service. We immediately notified the management office where we were assured that it would be corrected. IT NEVER HEPPENED!! We continually spoke with the office and did not get any satisfaction. Finally, we took it upon ourselves to contact the cable provider, to find that the account had never been established (as you will read in other reviews). In addition to no help, the management became increasingly rude. When the lady who rented the cabin for the group asked if they had any suggestions, one young man suggested that "she smell the air". Once we informed them that we had spoken with the cable provider and found that there had been no cable estabished, they offered us 10% which would not pay for dinner for eight adults. On Saturday, we had planned to watch television, enjoy the football games and relax. When we found that we had no cable and would not have television service, we drove to Pigeon Forge to the Clarion Inn and were pleasantly surprised to discover that they would rent us their dining area to watch t.v., order in food and relax and watch the football games. Scott, the general manager and his staff did everything they could to make us comfortable at a nominal fee. Gatlinburg Falls needs to learn a valuable lesson from Clarion Inn in customer service. We have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and have decided to seek redress through the courts since the resort promised something that they knew was unavilable and they could not produce, thus violating the contract. SUGGESTION TO FUTURE VISITORS, DO NOT STAY WITH GATLINBURG FALLS!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank ATravelingTravelAgt

Thank you for your comments. We do want to make sure our guests have the best time they possibly can while they are visiting with us. We regret that we could not resolve the TV issue during your stay, which is always our goal. As stated in the other response to the issues with this cabin, we regret that we were unable to get the TVs working for the Saturday football games.

We did dispatch our maintenance individuals on several occasions to try and resolve the issues. With us being sold out on this weekend, we had no other cabin to move you. We tried to find accommodations, but were unsuccessful in this effort.

We were in constant contact with the reservation holder and the guest and bringing them up to speed on the developments. We hope that you will return back with us and allow us to serve you. Please call our Guest Care line at 1-866-34SMOKY.