“Another Great Stay @ Johnson's”
Review of Johnson's Inn

Johnson's Inn
Ranked #41 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed April 13, 2010

We had stayed here a few years back & decided to stay here again. We stayed in one of the deluxe rooms overlooking the stream. The room was very clean & the staff was friendly. My daughter & niece loved going to the sitting area & putting their feet in and splashing in the stream at the front of the hotel. My wife & I enjoyed sitting on the balcony & the convenience to the main area of Gatlinburg. It is just a short walk to the side entrance of the Village. We have stayed other places in Gatlinburg before, but none were as clean or friendly as Johnson's.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
vjbgatlinburgtn, General Manager at Johnson's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2010

Thank you for the review. I'm so glad that you had a pleasant stay.

There are newer reviews for Johnson's Inn

Reviewed April 1, 2010

This hotel was in the perfect location for us. It is within walking distance to everything. The hotel is a little outdated but the prices were great and the room was very clean.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank lovePA87
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Location was great. Everything seemed pretty clean to me. The hotel is totally outdated if that matters to you. The bed was comfortable for what we paid. There is only one coke machine (that I could find) and it was on the other side of the hotel and didnt work. There was one nice lady and one not so nice.

The main problem that my husband and I had was that we paid for a room with a balcony so that we could step out to smoke but there is NO SMOKING on the balconies, or in the outdoor hallways. You must go to the parking lot to smoke. There is a huge fine for smoking and I wasn't going to take that risk... I just won't ever stay there again. There are plenty of smoker friendly places to stay along the strip.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank britni1027
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel in the past, several years ago. I like this hotel because it is close enough to walk across the street to the "village". I was very disapointed in the fact that they have cut the cable down to very basic cable, so I felt a little cheated. I understand the economy is down, but never the less, I could have gotten a room else where for the same money and gotten TV to watch... The room was clean, but we had to call to have more towels and toliet paper brought because no one cleaned the room while we were there. As I said before, I understand the economy is bad, but I want to feel like I am getting my money's worth when I go out of town.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
vjohnsonbradshaw, General Manager at Johnson's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2010

We do have more than basic cable, sometimes the button on the television get switched to TV instead of Cable and then that television is only able to get a handful of stations. It only takes a second to fix it back to the correct setting so that you are able to get the full amount of channels-50 in all. I'm sorry that your television was inadvertly switched but we do have the expanded channel package from Charter Communications.

We do offer daily maid service and I am not sure why your room wasn't serviced for you unless the do not disturb sign was left out past 2:00pm- the housekeeping staff usally does the last check for do not disturbs at that time.

All of us at Johnson's Inn want to provide a good honest service for our guest and we try to correct problems as soon as they are brought to our attention. I do hope that you will try us again.

Reviewed January 2, 2010

Nice location but the bed was an embarrassment, not suitablefor a homeless dude under the overpass. Low, worn out, crappy. Concrete cell block hallway, one rude desk lady and one nice one. Wished I had payed more and stayed somewhere else

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sawdust444
Reviewed December 28, 2009

I have stayed here for the first week in December for the past several years. This is a wonderful establishment run by very nice people. I met Vicki( the owner ) and she was really nice and thoughtful. We talked about how she wants to maintain the type of family business that her grandmother started and what it means to her. That is dedication and respect for business and family. I have never had a issue and have thoroughly enjoyed my stays here. My daughter traveled with me this year and she also liked everything about the inn. The area is safe, easy to get to, lots of attractions and although next to a school is quiet. Love the Wi-Fi that is now available and was able to pick it up in our room. We stayed in a kitchenette, 2 Queen bed room and loved it. Will be back for many more years to come. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank GamecockWoman
Reviewed December 5, 2009

We checked in December 4, 2009, so this was our first night. It did not take my wife & I long to figure out that we love Johnson's Inn. Last year we stayed in another hotel down the road a bit. It was ok, but we decided to stay here since it is so close to downtown. We too are staying in a part that looks like it was part of another hotel. But so what, the staff is very nice, room is very clean. It is very quite here too. What a GREAT hotel. Last year was are first trip to Gatlinburg, so this is only our second time here, we plan on returning every year until we have had our fill of Gatlinburg. We WILL stay at Johnson's Inn AGAIN & AGAIN!!!!! We are not checking out until Monday so I'll give another review then. But I'm sure it's not going to change, unless it's for the better.. Merry Christmas!!!

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple