“It's not what it used to be!”
Review of Johnson's Inn

Johnson's Inn
Ranked #39 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

We've stayed here many times before and have recommended it to friends, but not anymore. Our stay this time was at their 'down time' so when we arrived and asked for a room it wasn't a problem as most of the rooms were empty. We requested a room (113) that we like because it is a 2 bedroom suite, but we weren't ready for worn out towels, ants, daylight under the front door, a really worn out bathroom, a leaky toilet, and worn out furniture. It is definitely in need of a make over. I can't speak for the condition of the rest of their rooms.
But in their defense, when we reported the situation to the office, they did apologize and they put us in one of their condos for the next night. They normally rent for about 3x the price of one of their motel rooms.
Before we stay at Johnson's Inn again (if we ever do), we will ask to see the room first. My recommendation is that you do the same.

Stayed: January 2014
11  Thank David270338

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We did a church trip for adults and we stayed at Johnson's Inn and we loved it. Very good location. Rooms were clean and the staff was very nice. We would stay there again. We all have a good room with no problems.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Debbie T
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We had trouble getting a hot shower on all 3 days of our stay. The first two days my shower was interrupted with a burst of cold as if someone had flushed a toilet. The last day there was no hot water at all! It was icy cold January mountain water.The hotel was poor in general. You had to ask for a blowdrier and iron. The shampoo provided was crappy and there was no conditioner. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank RevMrsSmith
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Room 107 was clean, but it stopped their. The pillows were flat as a pancake as well as the mattresses. Our towels were very thin and worn, some with holes. It is safe to say all the new stuff is placed in the deluxe rooms and the standard rooms get the hand me downs. I was honest and told them we had an extra adult. They charged me $5.00 extra for 4 night. I ask for more towels and they stated the rooms are set up with 4 sets of towels, SO WHY CHARGE EXTRA! There was only luke warm water. Desk Staff not friendly at all. I don't think they understand where their pay checks originates from! No one seemed to cafe!

Room Tip: Don't book a standard. No clock, hair dryer or micro-wave.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Blackbear1952
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is a clean place to sleep and low budget price. Very outdated but again very clean. Has outside entry to rooms. Close to downtown for walking. Friendly staff. Only stayed the one night. Had a good view of the mountain and you could see Park Vista from our room. I have attached a pic. That day it was snowing.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jmwagg
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

pros: excellent location
clean rooms
private balcony
budget room rates

cons: minor structrual issues (loose doorknob in bathrm; wobbly floor at entrance to one of our rooms)

We weren't as close to the back entrance to The Village as I anticipated. This wasn't a problem for me, but my MIL has mobility issues and I thought I was booking a room at a place where she was in easier access to The Strip.

Overall, I would stay here again, but if money were no object, I would stay somewhere newer.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed just before Labor Day and found the accomodations to be VERY satisfactory !!! And the PRICE WONDERFUL !!!! Sure the rooms were a tiny bit outdated and the bathroom worn, but still it was clean and bug free ! Nothing serious! Nothing to stop us from staying again and again. The lady at the desk was very polite and courteous. Helped us out as much as we needed. The only downside was the non customer parking. There is a gravel spot away from the building that I think should be dedicated just for day parkers. only 1 day did we have a problem with a couple of day-parkers in front of our building and door, but we just moved the car closer at the end of the day. After reading reviews of MUCH more expensive places...I am GLAD we chose Johnsons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: As much as I don't want competition with our favorite room but, chose a room over the creek. Its...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple