We've stayed here many times before and have recommended it to friends, but not anymore. Our stay this time was at their 'down time' so when we arrived and asked for a room it wasn't a problem as most of the rooms were empty. We requested a room (113) that we like because it is a 2 bedroom suite, but we weren't ready for worn out towels, ants, daylight under the front door, a really worn out bathroom, a leaky toilet, and worn out furniture. It is definitely in need of a make over. I can't speak for the condition of the rest of their rooms.
But in their defense, when we reported the situation to the office, they did apologize and they put us in one of their condos for the next night. They normally rent for about 3x the price of one of their motel rooms.
Before we stay at Johnson's Inn again (if we ever do), we will ask to see the room first. My recommendation is that you do the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Locally family owned and operated quaint motel only steps away from the main street of Gatlinburg. We offer mountain hospitality and affordable rates for clean, quiet rooms that are accessible to all that Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains have to offer. Come sit in our garden by the stream , easily walk downtown to shops and restaurants or spend the day in the national park. We offer standard motel rooms, deluxe rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Johnson's Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Johnson`s Hotel Gatlinburg
- Johnsons Hotel Gatlinburg
- Johnsons Motel Gatlinburg