“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 84 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We typically do cabins but our spring break trip was extremely last minute and this was the only place available. So this was our first time ever staying in a hotel, no offense especially a cheap one because I am a bit of a germ-a-phobe. That being said, the room (207) was pretty clean though I wish they would have used a vacuum attachment to clean up against the walls. The room was very small and I really did not like the fact that the mini fridge was in the bath area (really just the sink asWIFI was HORRIBLY SLOW and the TV was one of the old school kids bedroom TV's. We were there with our 6&5 y/o so we were just happy it had Disney and Nick. They balcony was nice for the kids to spread out a bit. The beds were hard but surprisingly comfy though the pillows and blankets were lacking. I am glad I brought my own. There was a heater in the bathroom which was a nice surprise. I wish they were a little more updated though. The best thing was the location. We were able to park our car and walk everywhere we needed. It is right off the strip and the village but it is still VERY quiet! Overall I would recommend staying there for anyone who is looking for convenience. Oh it was supposed to be a non smoking room BUT I think someone in the room next to us was smoking because I would occasionally catch strong whiffs of it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Melissa S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Acworth, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here March 2013 we stayed in room 210. We were pleased with our stay at Johnson's Inn only a couple of things would have made our stay better. The rooms are of out date, the decor needs to be updated, could use new tv's and the internet service was POOR.
Otherwise room where clean and fresh towels were replaced daily. I WOULD stay here again location is very good and price is fair.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cleaninglady2010
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the two room condos with a kitchen (#2004). The room was extremely clean and well decorated. If you plan on cooking you may need a few things. There was a small skillet and a few small pots and pans. Plenty of silverware, plates and glasses. There was one 9x13 casserole dish but no cookie sheets or pizza pans. Geno's pizza is really good and they deliver to your room. I can only say one thing negative. The Internet is so slow it was like dial up if it worked at all. You are about 1 1/2 - 2 blocks from the Main Street.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Crich426
vjbgatlinburgtn, Manager at Johnson's Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I'm so glad that you enjoyed the condominium. I will look into getting more pans for the units. I have also contacted our internet guru and he is coming to check out the wireless connection to see what the problem is with the speed. This in not something we normally have complaints about. We hope that you will stay with us again soon.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

i have read some of the reviews and they are somewhat critical. The only thing bad I can say about the room is it needs updated. Don't get me wrong, everything in the room was in good shape and didn't give off a run down vibe at all. The TV was not a flat screen, however if you go on vacation to watch TV, your hopeless already. The office was incredibly friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable...the shower rocked. It is a block away from the main drag. You can also cut through on the shop walk-way by the Irish heritage store and it takes you right to the Pancake Pantry...which is awesome. But that is another review.

Room Tip: We stayed in the four story tower section of the resort.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chefbigdaddy
Thank you for the nice review. We are trying to up date our rooms as quickly as we can but we do keep cleanliness as our top priority. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Ocean City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My Wife AND I Stayed the last week of Feb 2013,We had a 2 Room Suite,I was really impressed with the Suite and the Location was Great.We Parked the Car,and walked everywhere,so much to do in Gatlinburg,and Johnsons Inn is right in the middle of it all.We are already planning our trip next year,but this time for a Week,and will be staying here again.The Suite was very spacious,clean,and very quite.The Owners and Staff was very kind and helpful on giving tips on places to eat ,and where the awesome shopping venues are located.I have been blessed to been to 22 diffrent States and have stayed in alot of upscale resorts,and paid alot more also,but Johnsons Inn,Wins hands down.I want to Thank Them All for an awesome Memory with My Wife,this was our favorite 2 week road trip that started at your property.The Renners

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are awesome for older couples
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rodney0628
We are so pleased that you found everything to your liking at Johnson's Inn. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for the wonderful review.
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was a great place to stay. The rooms were very clean and very spacious. This hotel was just a short distance away from the main drag and had a very nice view of the mountains. The beds were big and comfortable and the pillows were soft and fluffy (not the flat ones you usually find in the hotel rooms). For the price, cleanliness and space, this place really can't be beat. I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TennesseeGirl82
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have stayed at Johnson's Inn several times. Each time we stay, we wind up asking ourselves, "why did we stay here again?" The answer is always the same: location and convenience. It is right off the strip and located in the heart of the city. The rooms are generally clean, but desperately need a renovation. The decor is outdated and old. In addition, the beds are low to the ground and uncomfortable. If you need a place to stay in Gatlinburg and you don't mind an old room with few amenities, this is the place for you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends