“Wonderful Experience - Will Be Going Back”
Review of Jack Huff's

We can't find prices for this hotel
Jack Huff's
Ranked #3 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed June 24, 2013

First time at this facility - many times to the area - here for 15th wedding anniversary. Wonderful time - not fancy, very clean, efficient, friendly, functional, close to town (2 blocks), good value, great pool and staff. Exactly what we were looking for - we will be back...:)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OnTheRoad55

Reviewed June 17, 2013

After hiking all day in the Smokies, all my husband and I needed was a shower and a clean place to sleep. This motel is not loaded with amenities, but it was CLEAN and located in the heart of Gatlinburg. The Village shopping area is next door, and the Pancake Pantry is just steps away.

Parking is expensive in town, so one of the good features about staying here was that we were able to leave our car in the lot and walk everywhere. There is a large vanity area, complete with lighting and a mirror, outside the bathroom. Two people can get ready at the same time!! :) The absolute BEST part, was that the innkeepers were extremely friendly and helpful.

It is a throwback to simpler times. Real keys open the doors and you can park right outside the room. Convenient, convenient, convenient...

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool if you do not plan to use it. Although it has a strict closing ti...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mary J
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is a great place to stay. It is within walking distance to all the attractions and shops in Gatlinburg. The rooms are clean and the staff was very friendly. The rooms have a refrigerator and microwave in them. They also have hair dryers in the dressing area. I would highly recommend!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Laydlett
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My daughter, grandkids and I just returned from three nights at Jack Huff’s, and we were very pleased with the accommodations. The room was larger and cleaner than many higher-priced hotels I’ve stayed in. I thought I would miss a coffee maker in the room, but there was always fresh coffee waiting just past the elevator, and it was nice to get up and out of the room for the couple of minutes it took to get two cups of coffee and bring them back. We could walk to all the attractions in a matter of minutes, yet the location was very quiet and the beds and pillows were comfortable, so we slept well every night. The kids loved the pool. I would return to Jack Huff’s in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank chinoise
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My mother booked us at Jack Huff's for 3 nights this past week. It was her, me and my 2 teenagers. If you're looking for the newest, most posh accommodations, then this is not for you. But if you're looking for fantastic location, large clean rooms, and friendly staff for a decent price, this is definitely for you.

We arrived at 11:30, and our room was ready. Our room had 2 queen beds, flat screen TV, microwave & mini fridge. Also two sinks (one in the bathroom and one just outside of it), a recliner (!), and a personal balcony overlooking Gatlinburg. Not to mention the usual table, dresser, chairs. We were on the 3rd floor, and there is an elevator for all floors. The room was plenty large enough for a blow up mattress bed for my son. A couple of portable cribs would fit easily if you needed them.

The location is perfect. Just up from traffic light 6, on Cherokee Orchard Rd., we were very few minutes away from The Village shopping area, aquarium, restaurants, trolley stops, and everything on the strip. It was so nice to be able to come back and relax on the balcony. We didn't use the car at all except to go into the Smokies or Pigeon Forge.

My kids loved the pool. There's no diving board, but there is a fun tunnel slide. There's also a sectioned off part of the pool that is only 1 1/2 feet deep, so you can be in the pool with little ones. it's hard to describe but really cool. If my kids were small I'd love this feature.

The only complaint I have is the lighting. Instead of individual small lights to read by, over each bed there is one overhead fluorescent light that is the width of the bed. When others are trying to sleep, it's impossible to read because of the brightness. I ended up improvising with a flashlight, but it wasn't much fun. Also, the fan in the bathroom didn't work, so whenever someone took a shower the entire bathroom and everything in it was covered in steam. There's a window in there that you can open but I didn't want to risk anyone walking by to look in.

Overall, we had a great time and loved the experience. We'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank chattgirl423
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel is in the right location. One-half block from main strip. Leave your car at hotel and walk to all main attractions in Gatlinburgh. Quiet, very clean, comfortable rooms. Excellent value. No breakfast bar. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dale S
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My daughter and I just got back from Gatlinburg, Tn. We stayed at another hotel before checking in at Jack Huff's. I was kinda worried what we would find being an old motor lodge. WOW! This was the best! The room was clean ( walked around in my white socks and they did NOT get dirty), we had 2 sinks ( hey with women in the room thats a BIG plus), everything was in walking distance ( you must visit the Village if you stay here), the people at the front desk....AWESOME( one would have found me a job if I didn't want to leave hehehe), flat screen TV, microwave, fridge, etc. I could go on and on about this place. Believe me I WILL BE BACK!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family