“Great Location.. Great Value”
Review of Jack Huff's

We can't find prices for this hotel
Jack Huff's
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Location.. Great Value”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

For the price and location you really can't beat this place if you want to walk around Gatlinburg. We arrived early and they had a room ready which is always a plus for us. Had to get in and watch my Hoosiers play in the tournement. They had a room ready to go. Place was clean. Shower head had lots of pressure and was as hot as you wanted. Have a balcony with view of street and stream. Only complaint I have is the bed was pretty hard but my bed at home is the softest you can buy so you be the judge on that cause my back woke me up and 5am. All and all I would recommend this place for a nights stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Hoosier7189

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Harvest, Al
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel is in a perfect location as it is across from the Aquarium and almost in the middle of Gatlinburg. We arrived (way) earlier than checkin time; the attendant was nice enough to put us in a room that was ready to go. No need for your car everything is walking distance. The hotel is VERY clean-looks like they have updated the room. Does come with hair dryer & mini fridge. If you forget shampoo, soap, etc... there is a convenient store very close by. The hotel did not have any in the room (not sure if they would provide as I needed a couple of things anyway). Hotel has 2 floors with balcony at top - but not secluded. Does have an outdoor pool.They did have a jacuzzi but also didnt get a chance to go. You had to walk outside from your room to get to it and It snowed the whole time we were there so didnt get to try. Did not want to walk in the cold after being in the hot tub...

Room Tip: We stayed in RM 218 on top floor. Located closer to the strip - but I dont think any of the rooms w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank kelster16
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 4, 2013

First, you need to understand something about accommodations in Gatlinburg. There are a lot of older properties of which many are rundown, and there are a handful of newer big name properties, with nothing in between. The newer big names are expensive. If you want upscale and can afford it, you can find it.

If you are looking for a very clean and comfortable room, at a reasonable price, in the perfect location in downtown Gatlinburg, then look no further. Jack Huff's Motor Lodge is your place. This older motor lodge is extremely well maintained inside and out.

Our room was extremely clean, very comfortable and spacious. The bathroom was small, but clean and updated with good water pressure, and plenty of towels. Outside the bathroom was a separate sink vanity with mirror, and a nice size mini-fridge. Just around the corner we had a king size bedroom. The bed was clean and comfortable and there was a flat panel television with a good channel selection. The location is perfect. It is located right in the middle of Gatlinburg so you can walk to everything. The Aquarium is within eye sight. It is right behind the Village Shops, just far enough of the main parkway that it is quiet and peaceful.

There is not a better value in Gatlinburg!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
13 Thank TennesseeTravelerMan
Ravenna, Kentucky
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I found this hotel by accident, and I am soooo glad I did. The service staff at the front desk was amazing, and very polite, friendly, and knowledgeable. They were eager to provide information about the area, as well as some other guests recommendations and do's and don'ts.....

Location, location, location!!!! Need I say more?!? The hotel is a very short (maybe 300 feet) walk off the main strip, so you can't ask for anything better. You are close enough to everything it doesn't exhaust you to get from point A to point B, yet its far enough off the strip you aren't disturbed by the 'street noise'. Since the Midtown Lodge (where we always stayed when visiting Gatlinburg) has been torn down, my family has found our new favorite place to stay!!

And most importantly to me personally, the room was spotless... I truthfully don't care what the decor looks like, or how modern and chic a hotel room is, as long as its clean, and Jack Huffs passed with flying colors in that area. Maybe I'm anal, but when I go into a hotel room, one of the first things I do, before even bringing in my luggage, is pull the sheets loose and check the mattress and check the rim of the commode and the bathtub drain.... If there is anything there, I refuse to stay.....Again, Jack Huffs passed with an A+!!

You definitely wouldn't be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
8 Thank JLIsaacs
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My fiance and I come to Gatlinburg several times a year and we stay somewhere different everytime and have never came across a cabin, hotel or motel as clean as Jack Huff's. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and the prices are great! The rooms are neat and simple, but nice. It's a minutes walk from the strip, free WiFi, there is a heater in the bathroom so you are not cold when you get out of the bath/shower and did I mention how clean it was?? I was more than impressed and look forward to my next stay at Jack Huff's. My only complaint was the beds were not as soft as I would have liked them to be and was a little achy in the morning but my fiance felt fine (im like the princess and the pea :) but they were comfortable. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MrsChampion
Reviewed February 16, 2013

No, this hotel is not a four star but it doesn't claim to be. For the price, right next to the village and across from the aquarium, you can't beat value for location. It is clean and every request we had was happily fulfilled, such as an extra pillow. Everything is in walking distance, the parkway that has subway and pancake pantry are close by. There is no need to move the car. We had a room with a king bed, fridge, microwave, flat screen tv, 2 sinks, and a jetted tub. It was a little loud with people walking by, but that happens when you are that close to everything. If you want to walk everywhere or use the trolly, and are looking for a good price, this is your place. Clean, safe, great location, and great Value. We didn't use the hot tubs, free morning coffee, or summer pool but they are available. Prices are posted on their site and when you call you get an actual person.

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank Mcs62609
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Yes, the outside looks dated, but our room was very nice and clean. And, we truly enjoyed our stay. The bed was extremely comfortable; I sleep so soundly! Most importantly, the location of the motor lodge is most convenient for walking the length and breath of the main attractions of Gatlinburg!

Room Tip: Very close walking distance to THE VILLAGE!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple