“Nice location”
Review of Jack Huff's

We can't find prices for this hotel
Jack Huff's
Ranked #2 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Chicago, IL
“Nice location”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My elderly mother and I stayed at Jack Huff's for two nights while visiting the Gatlinburg area.

The motor lodge is very centrally located right in the heart of town. We felt a bit uncertain about the property at first - it is an older motel, with the decor a bit dated - but the bathroom was recently nicely updated. The lighting was a little odd, with no table lamps next to the bed - instead there was a bank light over the headboard...so Mom had to sit up under a floor lamp near the door to read so as not to disturb my sleep. Our 1st-floor room had front and back doors, with the back door opening to a breezeway where the vending and coffee is kept. (No breakfast is offered at this motel.)

I chose Jack Huff's over another nearby motel because the website indicated that all the rooms have Lazy-Boy recliners...my mom finds a recliner helpful as she often has trouble sleeping lying in bed. The room did have the promised recliner, but the upholstery was dingy and the recliner seemed as if it was built for a very short, tiny person...the seat was very, very low to the ground. Mom was tired and decided to try it anyway, and she did immediately nod off. But when she awoke, she could not get up out of the thing because it was so low to the ground (elderly often have trouble getting up off of low seats) and I had to help her up - she declared then and there that she would not use the chair again.

Despite the trouble with the recliner, by the next day we ended up feeling much better about the motel than I initially feared we might - and all in all we ended up having a pretty nice stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank kathyc2c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Staying at Jack Huff's was a pleasant experience. The location itself is nice because it is right off of the Parkway: a quick walk to anything! The workers behind the front desk were very nice, and the rooms themselves had just been updated and were super clean. Our room on the second floor had a shared balcony too. The only complaints I had were that they forget my online discount for the room, and our toilet stopped up. Even then, the employees were very forgiving and helpful. Despite these mishaps, the overall experience was wonderful, and I would recommend staying here to anyone, especially for the price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tn_girl55138
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I stayed at Jack Huff's Motor Lodge for two nights when I drove to Gatlinburg to surprise my mother for her birthday and Mother's Day (she and my dad were staying there for a long weekend). I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the room. Most rooms share a balcony with another room, but it is all generally very quiet so that wasn't a problem. The building in which I stayed had three floors. Although I mostly took the stairs, there was an elevator available so a mobility impaired person would have few problems navigating the property.

This is a really old fashioned property. Reservations and bills are handwritten, but the front desk is efficient and I had no problems on check-in or check-out.

The hotel's location is really very good. Just around the corner from the Parkway (the main road through Gatlinburg) and within walking distance of many restaurants and shops. It is less than five miles to Pigeon Forge (north) and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park (south).

Parking wasn't a problem when I stayed there, but the spaces are tight, as they are in just about all the hotels in the city.

The hotel offers free wi-fi, which is just as good (or bad, as your perspective maybe) as any other hotel. Let one evening, I was able to watch a show on Netflix, which is probably better than most hotel wi-fis.

The hotel does not have a restaurant, but free coffee was available every morning on the second floor.

Room Tip: As far as I could tell, only six rooms have single balconies (e.g., not shared with another room). R...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I found Jack Huff's on Tripadvisor and have not been disappointed. Have stayed here twice in the past six weeks, and will return next weekend. Fishing is good this time of the year in the Smokies. Property is well maintained and you cannot find trash anywhere on the property. The staff is personable and helpful.

Quiet location but 200 yards from the center of Gatlinburg.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
9 Thank hsmuck
Deepest Sussex
Reviewed May 7, 2012

With a name like Jack Huff's I had expected something perhaps a bit different. Nevermind, our room was large, comfortable and clean with all the facilities you would expect. Easy parking and
a short walk to the centre of Gatlinburg made it very convenient indeed. Highly recommended for a night or two's stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
hendersonville, nc
Reviewed April 23, 2012

If you want a nice place that is clean comfortable and run by good people - stay here. Good WiFi, good TV, microwave and frige.

• Stayed April 2012
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Located on a side street in Gatlinburg, we found this to be very convient to SMNP. The lodge is a great value for the area. The bed was comfortable and the room came with a flat screen tv. The pool was right in the front with easy access. You have to walk to the elevators for morning coffee. The Donut Friar is a couple of hundred feet away for a good cup of joe and a good donut

Room Tip: Clean &Quiet
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple