“Great breakfast!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Glad we asked our hotel staff where they would suggest we eat breakfast! There is nothing fancy about this restaurant, a little dated and need of some updates actually. But the staff are very friendly, the food is excellent and the price is right! We both had biscuits and gravy. All the food is home made and the portions are huge. The restaurant is not on the main drag which makes it even better.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Don't go to the Mountain Lodge if you want something fancy or touristy. This is the place the locals go, and you can tell the minute you walk in. They are only open for breakfast and lunch, and the food is inexpensive and amazing! Kids even get dry erase markers to draw on the tablecloths. :) Do not miss the homemade cinnamon rolls. My mom would consider driving up the mountain regularly for their biscuits, if we lived closer. lol!

1  Thank dixiehellcat
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Although the Mountain Lodge Restaurant is dated, the building is small, and is away from downtown Gatlinburg, it is a must to visit. The food is inexpensive, but really good. The service is phenomenal; the owner has always been at the cash register to make suggestions about fun places to visit and/or other great restaurants to visit. Apparently, Ron and Jennifer Smith, the owners, have been in business for 20 something years; therefore, they have obviously done something right! Everyone there is so friendly, and the food is just your average breakfast / diner combination, but everything is made from scratch ... and you can taste the difference. Almost every time I visit the Great Smoky Mountains to go camping or hiking, I have to stop by and have a light, yet filling breakfast / lunch at the Mountain Lodge. Oh, I forgot to mention that they display local artwork in the dining room, which is a major plus for me! :D

1  Thank NoviceFoodCritic
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My parents live around the corner and even they visit this place on a regular basis. My kids have been going here for years (teenagers now) and are addicted to the fried catfish which they have to have multiple times during our visit. I am a salad gal and all the dressings are homemade and yummy. The food is great but my absolute favorite is their cobbler and banana pudding. Pudding is only made friday and sunday and the cobbler ranges from peach to cherry to blackberry. Its delicious!!!

1  Thank Vahansens
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Diner type atmosphere. Good very good. Service friendly & quick. I had Cobb Salad which was almost impossible to finish due to quantity