“Good value”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
“Good value”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

As the other reviewers stated the restaurant serves good country cooking. We came visited on a Sunday when there was a large, local, after church crowd. Even so, the service was prompt and friendly. My wife had the country fried steak, and I had the special, stuffed pork. Both entrees wer flavorful. As usual, I avoided vegetables that could be overcooked when eating at a restaurant specializing in country cooking, so I can't comment on this. Although the the tables were almost filled, there noise level was low. In summary, good country cooking and atmosphere at a reasonable price.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank veryoldtimer

Gatlinburg, Tennessee, United States
“Good home cookin and great local spirit”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

a quaint place with good neighbourly service. the food is consistantly good and a unique experience. Not like the chains and A,B,C, food. enjoy the atmosphere and the smiles, we usually go when we go to the Arts & Crafts Loop, close by on Glades rd. Have a great year guys

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Paul M
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
“Local mom & Pop Gatlinburg”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Me and my partner go to the Mountain Lodge about 2 times a month. the service is always great, the prices are reasonable, and the food comes out quickly. The staff are always friendly, and what we order we get.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank 186michaelw
Indianapolis, IN
“GOOD COUNTRY COOKIN'”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We always make a point to stop here at least once while in the Gatlinburg area. It is a small quaint place on the outskirts of the city. Parking is scarce, but managed to find a spot. The waitresses are always very friendly, and love to joke around with ya'. I ordered the ham and cheese omelet with grits and homemade wheat bread. Omelet was loaded with cheese, and the wheat bread was awesome. I don't like grits, so let hubby have them. He really enjoyed them. He ordered biscuits and gravy, with eggs and sausage. Very tasty. Prices are reasonable. Lots of locals like to hangout here, so that is always a good sign.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Janice14
Nashville, Tennessee
“I hesitate to write this review.......”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I hesitate to write this review because I don't won't the Mountain Lodge to become a tourist stop and mess up this gem of a restaurant. From walking in the door until I left I could not have been more pleased with my experience. Our waitress was great, food was excellent, and the atmosphere was down home and relaxing. ML is a local restaurant off the beaten path of downtown Gatlinburg. If you enjoy home cooking with a great country atmosphere the Mountain Lodge will not disappoint. Meal prices were reasonable and the portions were generous. Love it, will be back.

3 Thank Coach2042