“The best donuts I've ever tasted!”
Review of Donut Friar

Donut Friar
Ranked #1 of 15 Dessert in Gatlinburg
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Wish I was in Gatlinburg!
“The best donuts I've ever tasted!”
Reviewed March 3, 2007

I have enjoyed the smell of this place for years and always wanted to try it. I finally got my chance and they are GREAT! They have the best donuts I have ever tasted. Try the chocolate covered cake donut...delicious! Plus, they open at 5am so you can get breakfast and still see a sunrise in the Great Smoky Mountains.

4 Thank firefighterzgrl

Bowling Green,KY
“Great food, friendly staff.”
Reviewed January 24, 2007

The donut friar is the best coffee/donut shop in Gatlinburg. It is open for the early birds, such as myself. I found myself there as soon as they opened, and they were very friendly, it was 4:00 AM.. I had a donut and some o' jove. It was comforting and reminded me of a German place. It is a good way to start off your day in GATLINBURG! Highly reccomended.

6 Thank ddawg92
Tennessee
“Agree with RUDE!”
Reviewed November 28, 2006

After many, many visits to Gatlinburg, we finally made it to the Donut Friar. In my opinion, donuts were average and staff was rude. The guy in front of me who had just ordered, asked if it was supposed to rain all day. The lady behind the counter went on a tirade about how tourists don't know anything about the mountains and it's weather, and how it could rain or snow. Either way she said, "If I was you (tourists), I'd leave now." "You don't know anything about these mountains." The guy just kind of scurried out. I was shocked by how angry she seemed. The boy that helped me said nothing other than what I owed. Not even a thank you. The cinnamon bread tasted like alcohol, and the donuts were average. Maybe the staff was having a bad day, but because we were not impressed with the food either, will not go back.

9 Thank Bruins
A TripAdvisor Member
“Delicious home made Donuts”
Reviewed June 10, 2006

There are the most delicious donuts I have ever eaten!!
And believe me or not, I HAVE TASTED ALL STAFF there! The quality of these products are incredible!!
(it takes a time as you supouse ;-))
THAT IS NEW EXPERIENCE of EATING DONUTS!!
GRETINGS & HUGS for NICE & KINDLY all DONUT FRIAR CREW ;-))))

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“Rude Rude Rude!”
Reviewed June 6, 2006

My husband and I walked into the Donut Friar and there was a sign about a lemonade frozen drink that sounded good. When we asked for one the guy VERY RUDELY said "Nope, we only have that in June, go 2 doors down to that coffee shop". He never even looked us in the eye. By the way, it was May 30th! I was completely offended and marched right out of there and did go 2 doors down and bought several things. It was obvious they did not want/need the business!!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member