“Agree with RUDE!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Tennessee
“Agree with RUDE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2006

After many, many visits to Gatlinburg, we finally made it to the Donut Friar. In my opinion, donuts were average and staff was rude. The guy in front of me who had just ordered, asked if it was supposed to rain all day. The lady behind the counter went on a tirade about how tourists don't know anything about the mountains and it's weather, and how it could rain or snow. Either way she said, "If I was you (tourists), I'd leave now." "You don't know anything about these mountains." The guy just kind of scurried out. I was shocked by how angry she seemed. The boy that helped me said nothing other than what I owed. Not even a thank you. The cinnamon bread tasted like alcohol, and the donuts were average. Maybe the staff was having a bad day, but because we were not impressed with the food either, will not go back.

9 Thank Bruins

A TripAdvisor Member
“Delicious home made Donuts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2006

There are the most delicious donuts I have ever eaten!!
And believe me or not, I HAVE TASTED ALL STAFF there! The quality of these products are incredible!!
(it takes a time as you supouse ;-))
THAT IS NEW EXPERIENCE of EATING DONUTS!!
GRETINGS & HUGS for NICE & KINDLY all DONUT FRIAR CREW ;-))))

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
“Rude Rude Rude!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2006

My husband and I walked into the Donut Friar and there was a sign about a lemonade frozen drink that sounded good. When we asked for one the guy VERY RUDELY said "Nope, we only have that in June, go 2 doors down to that coffee shop". He never even looked us in the eye. By the way, it was May 30th! I was completely offended and marched right out of there and did go 2 doors down and bought several things. It was obvious they did not want/need the business!!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“The best donuts in the world!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2006

Whenever we visit Gatlinburg, one of our favorite stops is The Donut Friar. If you want something simple but incredible, you MUST try the cinnamon cake donuts. We always buy a few boxes to take home with us too (we do share SOME of them).

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kentucky
“The best donuts in the world!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2006

The Donut Friar has absolutely THE BEST donuts I have ever eaten. I adore donuts as my favorite treat and these are the best anywhere. I HIGHLY recommend a visit while in Gatlinburg! Early morning is the best time to get them nice and fresh! Try the cream filled ones. You'll never have one more loaded with cream in your life.

5 Thank ekharmon