“Best Bakery in Town”

Ranked #1 of 15 Dessert in Gatlinburg
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed June 6, 2014

This what a bakery should be. The family had eclairs and donuts . Every item was made from scratch and made fresh that day. Don't bother with DD down the street this is the place to go. Friendly staff and good prices.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

The Donut Friar had lots of choices and each was very tasty! The shop is located in a cute area. Be advised that it's cash only.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stopped here for breakfast while visiting Tennessee, but I wasn't terribly impressed with the selection. It is in a cute area, but they don't take credit cards, which is a major drawback for me.

1  Thank rockon0630
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Went here back-to-back mornings at the end of my stay in Gatlinburg. My husband and I wished we would have discovered it sooner. We tried the cinnamon twist and glazed donuts, both were fantastic! I also got lattes from here and they were very good. Prices were reasonable, staff was very nice, and its located in the adorable Village shopping area.

Things to keep in mind: you can park on the parkway in front of the Village shopping area before 9 a.m. for a quick run-in and Donut Friar is cash only, but they do have an ATM in the store.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I hadn't had a donut from here in 20 years, but on a quick overnight stop, we picked up a half dozen and they tasted EXACTLY the same - Fabulous. The smell is intoxicating. If in Gatlinburg, make a plan to stop here if you are a donut fan.