“Mouth watering fresh homemade pastries.”
Review of Donut Friar

Donut Friar
Ranked #1 of 15 Dessert in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
“Mouth watering fresh homemade pastries.”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My family go to Gatlinburg at least once a week to go to Donut Friar. We love all their pastries. I especially love the cinnamon rolls. They open early however, it is a cash only that is nestled in The Village.

• Visited January 2014

“Good stuff ”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Stopped by due to all the reviews I read. Must say it lived up to the hype. I had the cinnamon sugar cake donut and the husband had a regular glazed. Both were very good and plan on revisiting next time we are here. The staff was friendly and the whole donut case looked amazing.

North Carolina
“Fresh & Yummy Donuts”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stopped in the Donut Friar for a quick afternoon snack. I enjoyed a fresh & delicious jelly donut with a hot cup of coffee on a cold & damp afternoon. The donut was so good I decided to buy another for later and also take one to my husband. I have been by the Donut Friar several times usually with a long line of people waiting to get inside............now I understand why. I am looking forward to a return trip to the Donut Friar the next time I visit Gatlinburg.

• Visited December 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Mouth Watering...........”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We visit the Donut Friar every time we go to Gatlinburg! Such a quaint little place, perfect for a snack if walking through town. I recommend the jelly donuts and the plain original donuts! Just so delicious.

• Visited November 2013
Richmond, Kentucky
“Warm Hot Chocolate”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We enjoyed our hot chocolate (though it did come from a machine) and the fact that they were one of the only open stores during the cold. Only wish they would have offered their coffee's with soy milk as I am lactose-intolerant.

Visited January 2014