“Great donuts!”

Ranked #1 of 16 Dessert in Gatlinburg
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stopped off in there twice to get donuts for breakfast the next morning and of course to eat one on the way, very good and fresh. Staff was friendly. The only downside is cash only, would have gotten some more donuts and some hot chocolate but didn't have enough cash and wasn't about to pay an ATM fee to get cash out.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,211)

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a must when you are visiting Gatlinburg. We've been visiting Gatlinburg for seven plus years now and have yet to go without visiting at least once. They have the best donuts and pastries and their cinnamon bread is a must. We usually get a couple of loaves to take home with us. You have to make The Donut Friar a part of your trip!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The ratings on TripAdvisor convinced me we had to visit during our October trip. Well... It was basically a donut shop. It was good, the shop is small. Will only seat 4 people at one time. It is very crowded with people ordering from the counter. Even though I would have liked a bag to carry out the donut in, one was not offered when I stated it was to go. Just a paper to hold the donut with. The donuts taste like most donuts out of a bake shop. Nothing outstanding, just a good donut. In the future if I wanted a donut, I would not go out of my way to visit Donut Friar. If I were shopping in the village and felt the taste for a donut I would visit again. It's just an average donut in a small store.

1  Thank mistymorn
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We ALWAYS make sure to stop by when in Gatlinburg. Just a little hole in the wall, but AMAZING donuts!!!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Very fresh donuts and pastries, even at 9pm! Super friendly service, and very clean! Tucked away in the corner of one of the little shopping areas is a quaint little shop that is exploding with flavors. A very good variety to choose from, definitely something for everyone!