“Love it!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Greenville, South Carolina
“Love it!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Every time we visit Gatlinburg we must go to the Donut Friar. The donuts are fresh and delicious. The eclairs are huge and wonderful and the coffee is great as well. I love walking past everyone waiting for pancakes at that other joint to go get something it is hard to find in most places, a real, home made donut shop! One little tip, bring cash because it is all they take. There is an ATM but I am not sure what fees would apply. Just bring some money and get in there, the donuts are fabulous! Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank music_fanatic1

Atlanta
“a must in Gatlingburg”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Donut Friar is a must go to place in Gatlinburg. Fresh daily made donuts and pastries. Great coffee - friendly staff - hard to resist goodies. - They do only accept 'cash' for payment but I've never seen anyone turn away as there is a convenient ATM.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank AtlGa2U
“BEST Donuts Ever!!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

These are the best donuts I have ever had!!! I came by here twice during my stay and I was very tempted to buy a dozen before I left but would feel guilty eating them all on my long drive home. I definitely recommend this place and if you want basic, the glaze is delish but I also got the bavarian cream and those were remarkable. This place is located in the Village right next to the fountain and across from The Sock Shop. Eat here, you will not be disappointed!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank savhmommy
“Yum”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

The thing that in my mind that makes these donuts better than most is that they taste like theyre a homemade product. Not as commercial tasting as krispy or dunkins. Much nicer surroundins too.

• Visited November 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
“OHHHH My NERVES !!!!!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

If I did not know better, I would have thought that angels came down from heaven to bake these wonderful cinnamon cake donuts and cinnamon bread ! My mouth is watering now ! Coffee is hot and fresh every time you get a cup. Located in the heart of The Village. Just look for the Pancake Pantry on the main strip and your there !

Visited August 2013