“The best of the best.”

Ranked #1 of 15 Dessert in Gatlinburg
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I am not a big donut fan. I will choose almost anything else over a donut for breakfast, but not in Gatlinburg! I feel like I am missing out if I eat breakfast anywhere but the Donut Friar while in Gatlinburg. I always get the Éclair which has the BEST custard filling I've ever eaten. On our trip this last weekend, my husband tried a cinnamon roll and said it was also very good.

The Donut Friar has been a part of the Village Shops for as long as I can remember and the smell of donuts in the mountain air when you walk past is unlike any other. You have to try these donuts!

There are newer reviews for Donut Friar

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I went here on vacation. We both got the Friar special doughnuts. They were delicious! Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

During a recent visit to the Donut Friar June 22, 2013 I placed my order. Behind me was a gentleman and his wife who placed an order and asked if they gave a military discount. The reply from the employee was appalling! "I pay my taxes for your military discount. No, we don't give military discounts here." He quoted a dollar amount in his rant. How could this man not understand the sacrifices offered for him and us all? He couldn't have been any more disrespectful to our military men and women.

I apologized to the military man for the rudeness of this employee. How sad this even occurred. I will never patronize this establishment again and encourage everyone else not to also..

17  Thank Lucyditto
Reviewed June 27, 2013

In the Village section of Gatlinburg, which is very nice and quiter. Shop is quaint, donuts very good. Would go there again.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

One of the highlights of any vacation in Gatlinburg, for me, is getting up early and making a trip into downtown to get donuts at the Donut Friar.

There aren't a whole lot of things you can say about a donut place other than, they have delicious, fresh donuts.

The abundance of positive reviews on here speak for themselves.

Get up early. Drive into town. Get donuts from the Donut Friar. You, and those with you, will be glad you did.

1  Thank NickPappagiorgio