“THE REVIEWS ARE ACCURATE!”
Review of Donut Friar

Donut Friar
Ranked #1 of 15 Dessert in Gatlinburg
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed March 1, 2013

In a town full of tourist traps, the Donut Friar stands out. Simple, delicious donuts prepared fresh every morning. We tried it one morning and liked it so much, we went back on the morning of our departure and got donuts to go.

There are newer reviews for Donut Friar

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We've been going to the Donut Friar for years now and we have never been disappointed. Not even close. The donuts are extremely good as are all of their offerings that we have tried but two items really stand above the rest as far as we are concerned. First there are the eclairs. My wife is something of an eclair connoisseur and she says that she has never had an eclair that is better than those at the Donut Friar. Since that statement includes eclairs consumed in Europe and all over the eastern US that tells me that the eclairs here are a world class pastry. My favorite on the other hand is this thing that they call either a cushion or a pillow, I can never remember which. This huge pastry gives new meaning to decadence and can sweeten even the most sour disposition. This thing is sort of like what I expect the clouds in Heaven to taste like.

I'm not a coffee drinker but my wife is and she assures me that the Friar has excellent java and java based drinks. You will also find a very friendly and capable staff at the Friar, which is something of an accomplishment in itself for a place in Gatlinburg. This lovely mountain city and all of Sevier County face constant labor shortages because the tourist economy there is so robust and that shortage often means that people aren't fired even if they treat the customers badly. I hope that the Friar hasn't had to fire anyone but however they manage it their staff is wonderful.

If you are a fan of pastry, you will not want to miss this place. It would just be plain sinful to do so.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Every time my girlfriend and I are in Gatlinburg, we have to stop in to the Donut Friar and get eclairs. We get some early in our stay to eat while in town and we stop in before we leave to take a box of them home. Great place to get donuts and coffee.

1  Thank Andrew P
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Ok I just popped in there for a hot drink cause I was super cold in the freezing temps and snow and got a caramel latte and ended up getting a cake glazed donut since the nice man behind me said I just had to. It was the BEST DANG DONUT ever in my life! On one had I am glad to have tried it and loved it but now and pretty annoyed becasue my trip is over and there is no place here at home 4 hours away like it or even remotely close!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Yummy donuts and delicious cinnamon bread--we always stop here to get some breakfast goodies! Highly recommended, located in the Village in Gatlinburg