“Whole in One”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
“Whole in One”
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Staff was excellent and location was nice. Our family was split on the overall taste of the donuts, but they were not bad and are a recommendation when visiting.

Ferndale, Michigan
“Best donuts I've had in my life!”
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Donut Friar is a nice little donut shop "In the Village" on the Gatlinburg strip. I had a cheese danish and a cinnamon cake donut that were both excellent. The cake donut specifically was out of this world. The two men behind the counter were both friendly and liked to talk.

We came here because they were rated #1 on trip advisor during our visit and it did not disappoint. Definitely deserves the spot as the best bakery in Gatlinburg.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed March 27, 2011

When walking through the Village we spotting the Donut Friar. We decided the next day we would walk back through and we would make that our breakfast. I'm so glad we did. I will be going back next year! It was nice and hot and delicious! Nothing like having "home made" taste and not a chain restaurant!

• Visited August 2010
Greenville, South Carolina
“Simply delicious!”
Reviewed March 22, 2011

My hubby, two-year-old, and I stopped here based on online recommendations. So glad we did! The donuts were fresh and had a great taste and texture to them. Unlike your big donut chains there aren't a lot of flavors to choose from, but the ones they have make up for any lack of choice. Donuts are priced just over a dollar apiece (larger items like eclairs are closer to two). We'll definitely stop in again when we're in the area. One quick note for families with younger children--it's a very small store. If it isn't crowded you might fit your stroller inside (we could b/c we hit it at an off time). Otherwise, plan on eating outside on nearby park benches.

1 Thank Kelvey2
Nashville
“Still great !”
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Just a quick stop today. Cinnamon cake donut was awesome. The cashier reminded me that I had a free refill available on my coffee, which was also very good.