“Best Donuts Ever!”

Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,759 helpful votes
“Best Donuts Ever!”
Reviewed September 25, 2007

Who would have thought you would find the best donuts in the world in the middle of the Smoky Mountains? Well, it's true. The Donut Friar located in The Village right off the parkway in downtown Gatlinburg has the best donuts on the face of this earth. They are heavenly. My husband and I get them at least every other day when visiting Gatlinburg and we always make sure to get a dozen on the way out of town. They dont keep well for more than a few days..since they are FRESH donuts..but they never last that long anways. The cinnamon twists are out of this world. I could eat 2-3 in a sitting. No other donut will compare once you've had these. Make sure you stop in and try these donuts for breakfast when they are hot and fresh. OR try these donuts as an after dinner dessert or late night snack. Either way, they are awesome.

Note: You can park on the parkway before 9am, making it easy to pick up the donuts on your way out to the Smoky Mountain National Park, Dollywood, or on your way back home.

4 Thank daisyferret1

Memphis,TN
“Delicious memories!”
Reviewed April 11, 2007

I have been going on vacation to the Smoky Mountains since I was about 2 or 3....I am now 32! No place brings back more vivid memories than the smell and taste of the donuts at the Donut Friar! As far back as I can remember, I would get my favorite Coconut donut and always an extra cake donut so that I could sit around the fountain out front and feed it to the birds! I love that place! They truly have the best donuts in the entire world!!!!

5 Thank jakesmoma
Creedmoor, NC
“Love your iced donuts”
Reviewed March 5, 2007

My husband and I go to Gatlinburg every few years and we always make it part of our trip to take a stroll down the street where the Donut Friar is tucked away. We love the donuts and especially the iced/sprinkle cake donuts and the hot chocolate. If I am going to someplace looking for a good snack - this is the place to find. We love this place and will be making a trip to visit them this coming May 07. As long as we are not treated rudely by anyone, our goal is to get good food and good service. And so far, everytime we have been here, that is what we get - great snacks! So we are happy and will return.

S. Butts
Creedmoor, NC

4 Thank nbandsb
Wish I was in Gatlinburg!
“The best donuts I've ever tasted!”
Reviewed March 3, 2007

I have enjoyed the smell of this place for years and always wanted to try it. I finally got my chance and they are GREAT! They have the best donuts I have ever tasted. Try the chocolate covered cake donut...delicious! Plus, they open at 5am so you can get breakfast and still see a sunrise in the Great Smoky Mountains.

4 Thank firefighterzgrl
Bowling Green,KY
“Great food, friendly staff.”
Reviewed January 24, 2007

The donut friar is the best coffee/donut shop in Gatlinburg. It is open for the early birds, such as myself. I found myself there as soon as they opened, and they were very friendly, it was 4:00 AM.. I had a donut and some o' jove. It was comforting and reminded me of a German place. It is a good way to start off your day in GATLINBURG! Highly reccomended.

6 Thank ddawg92