“Terrible/ i would not let my dog stay”

Days Inn Gatlinburg on the River
Ranked #40 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
southcarolina
“Terrible/ i would not let my dog stay”
Reviewed May 19, 2008

In feb my family and me stay at this dirty days inns. first let me say the floor was not clean at all we walk in our shoe. could not sleep. there was lights that did not work due to the plug in was on the other side of the room.ashes was in drawer and the room was clean the day before. they say. and this was a non- smoking room. there was dirty wash rags in bathroom were someone has taken a showing bed was lower on one side than the other because it was a old bed. the next day i call the desk and was told i would be charge for 3 day if i still are not. show pic to staff and got move to another room and guess what i found, a hot water tank at my door. this room was dirty to. it was not my weekend at all there.got back and complain to days inns office and all i got was sorry. i would not let my dog stay there.note they did e-mail me back and to this day i guess they don"t care.

• Liked — when i left this placed
  • Disliked — bad weekend
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank harleycat45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Rockwood, Tennessee
Reviewed April 2, 2008

Have just returned from a 4 day 3 night getaway to Gatlinburg, and have to say we had a great stay. This is not our first time to Gatlinburg, but was our first stay at the Days Inn Gatlinburg on the river. Very nice, newly remodeled rooms. Our room's carpeting had just been cleaned and was impressed with the cleanliness of the Inn. The staff that we came in to contact with was very helpfull and friendly. Inexpensive and worth the price we paid. It is a little walk to the downtown area, but we visit the town to walk the strip and all the shops anyway.

Switzerland
Reviewed August 26, 2007

We stayed at the Glenstone Lodge in June of 2007. We absolutely loved it! The rooms were very clean and the staff was so courteous-talk about southern hospitality!! Everyone was attentive. The front desk helped us with directions to local attractions. We even got to meet the General Manager. She was very friendly and thanked us for staying there. I highly recommend this hotel. There are a lot of hotels in Gatlinburg but this one is first class!

Stayed June 2007
5 Thank suzannemccreight
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed July 30, 2007

We made last minute reservations, but I really wish I would have looked around first. To start with, checking in and out through all the cigarette smoke in the front office was terrible. Their prices were way to high for the ammenties you get. There's no HBO, no wireless internet. When sitting on the toilet bowl, "room 229" it would move about 6 inches on you. The childrens pool was the dirtiest pool I've ever seen at any hotel. I'm very surprised this is a Days Inn. I will never stay at another one. My company uses Days Inn for all our employee's reservations for their vacations. I work in Human Resorces, and I will personally make sure our account with Days Inn is stopped immediately. I've always used hotels.com, and I'm very disappointed they even use this branch in Gatlinburg.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — price
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank leebarnes25

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Georgetown, KY
Reviewed September 10, 2006

We had wanted to stay in Pigeon Forge for our post labor day trip to Dollywood, but there was a car show & the hotels which had vacancies were outrageously priced. So, we went on up the road to Gatlinburg & found there were a lot of places with reasonable rates. I am really leery of the Days Inn chain in general, but this is a really charming hotel, it was clean, the rooms were well laid out & overlooked the creek. It had a great pool, that graded from 2 feet to 5 feet deep & that was perfect for small children to play in. The hot tub was a nice feature also. The breakfast was a little bland, but all in all It was a really nice stay & we will stay there again.

• Liked — Pool and the location
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for a room with a fireplace
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
5 Thank KentuckyDollywoodfan
Atlanta
Reviewed September 4, 2006

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary. We decided to stay at Rocky Waters because my parents stayed there 2 years ago and enjoyed it, this was before the new owners took over. We had reserved a king suite. When we arrived we were booked for a 2 queen room. We found out that when we had reserved it they knew we were only going to get a Queen room but they did not try to let us know even though they had our home phone, cell phone, email address, and home address. We had booked for Rocky Waters but actually stayed in Days Inn. We had a long walk to the front and it was not very close to anything. The room was old, dingy, and dirty. The carpet was pulling away from the door ways and was not clean. The bathroom was tiny and creepy. We decided to check out after talking to the owner Bobby Patel on the phone he offered to get us a King room for the 2nd night and give us 10% off for the first night. NO THANKS! We ended up going to Zoder's Inn for the 2nd night and had a wonderful time. There are a lot of hotels to choose from and I think that this is probably the worst. Even the staff hates it here! I believe this probably used to be a nice place but the new owners have not kept it up. The staff keeps quitting and the whole experience was no fun! The only thing I can say positive is that the staff was friendly. They felt sorry for us that we chose to stay here and completely understood that we wanted to leave. The only problem was they couldn't help us because they have no authority, just the rude, unhelpful owner.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Momof3sweetgirls
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 9, 2006

We stayed at the Days Inn Gatlinburg for our anniversary trip in March of 2006. I was not at all impressed from the moment we walked in the door. The staff as we walked in did not greet us with a friendly attitude but more of a great we have been interupted again personality, one that they kept for the duration of our stay. This hotel has rooms with balconies that look out over the water. We stayed during the week and based on parking it seems as if the hotel had maybe 10-20% of its rooms occupied during our stay. We were given a room that looked out into the street at not a pretty view. It was quiet and that was good. Housekeeping was funny. There were cobwebs in the corners of our room. Excited about going out we forgot to hang the do not disturb sign to keep the maids out. Well... they went in and made the bed THATS ALL. The best part is the bed had rather personal items on it that they moved. However they did not get obvious garbage and empty plastic cup out of the floor or wet towels out of the bathroom. The hotel did not affect how much fun we had in Gatlinburg and we will return just no to the Days Inn.

• Stayed March 2006