“Amazing!! Recommended it to family and they loved it too!”

Days Inn Gatlinburg on the River
Ranked #44 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Our room was obviously one of the recently updated rooms. It had brand new tile floor in the bathroom, brand new wood floors in the main room, a flat screen tv, nice fridge and microwave, and a gorgeous balcony right above the river. The bed was a glorious king size that my husband and I melted into and the room was extremely clean from top to bottom. The sounds of the river made it hard to even leave to enjoy Gatlinburg. Housecleaning did an excellent job every morning and the front desk staff was SO friendly. The breakfast was simple but we weren't planning on eating breakfast there anyway as the Pancake Pantry is right around the corner. My husband and I come here every year on our anniversary and will definitely stay here everytime. The people who complained may not have gotten a newly updated room, so why not just ask to be moved? I love this hotel and so does my other family members who have stayed here solely on our recommendation.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 24, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KIMBERLY M
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during our vacation to Gatlinburg TN and it was picture perfect. We had a room on the river and spent each morning on the balcony. The staff was awesome and very accommodating. The continental breakfast was very awesome. We arrived n Christmas and the front desk gave us the local restaraunts that were open.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2013

For what we paid, we were happy with this hotel. It was right on the river which was nice and the room was clean and comfortable. It was an older hotel and didnt have updated amenities and the bathroom was small, but we were just fine with it. I dealt with 3 employees from booking to checking in/out and they were all very nice and helpful. I realized after getting home that I had left my purse so I called back for them to check on it and they got it from my room and held it for me. I know it would be unethical for them to have done anything else, but there are plenty of ppl out there that would have acted like it was not there and taken it, so I was SO happy and grateful that this hotel had honest employees! It otherwise could have been a HUGE disaster. Thanks Days Inn :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Bobby P, Owner at Days Inn Gatlinburg on the River, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with up to celebrate the New Year! We appreciate your business and are so glad we were able to locate your purse! I am so sorry the bed did not meet your comfort preferences! A good night's sleep is so important. Please accept my apologies. Please come see us again on your next trip to the smokies! we value your feedback and hope to see you again in the New Year!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Tripadvisor reviews looked fairly good for a low end motel. Some people must have very low expectations. Spend another $20-$30 a night and stay somewhere else. When people say outdated, they are 100% correct but it is clean and the bed was comfortable. However, our room smelled so much like a campfire, we had to leave after one night (motel was full). We used an entire can of Lysol and tried airing the room out - to no avail - the smell was overwhelming as if the day before there might have been a fire in the chimney. My brother-in-law had another room that had a fireplace but no fire smell. We had to come home and clean all of our clothes and have coats and sweaters dry cleaned. Manager (who pretended to be "just a clerk") refused a refund on the un-used night. No employee would come to smell the room either on the day we checked in or the next morning when we checked out. The comment was "all rooms have a wood burning fireplace". Upon a fax to the "manager" we were told we'd get one night refund on one room but never did. When we told them twice about a hairdryer that turned firey hot in our hands (and quit) that "it is just an automatic shutoff". Again, nobody intererested in looking into the matter even though we told them it was a fire hazard. Ovbviously this establishment is owned by someone who cannot afford to keep it in good shape or serve customers properly. I feel sorry for the manager and employees who have to tell people "no refunds for any reason" (we heard that and heard them tell another couple as well")...no telling how often they have to repeat that.

Room Tip: Just go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Bobby P, Owner at Days Inn Gatlinburg on the River, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay due to the overwhelming smells from the fireplace. I wonder if the previous guest did not open the damper and apologize that the room did not air out properly. We do appreciate your feedback and hope you will try our hotel again during the summer months when fireplaces are closed. Best wishes for a great New Year.