“Great for price”

Days Inn Gatlinburg on the River
Ranked #44 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Little further from town than I wanted. But we got to take phones of a bear trying to get into the garbage. Some people freaked out about it. However from the upper levels. We enjoyed it. Breakfast wasn't that bad.. read reviews saying only cereal and that was not true. Waffle maker was very nice. The room needed some minor repairs, sink leaked. great view from balcony.

• Stayed: August 2012
Bobby P, Owner at Days Inn Gatlinburg on the River, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us during your trip to Gatlinburg. I am so happy you had a fun girls weekend. I agree that it is fun to see the wildlife. Hopefully, during your next trip you will see our neighbor ground hog and some of the ducks as they glide down the river. We appreciate your business and thank you again for staying at the Days Inn on the River!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

we went through gatlinburg to break up our drive from Myrtle Beach to Illinois (home) and were looking for a quiet place to get some sleep and sit see a little and this was the wrong choice. First of all, Check in was at 4 and at 4 when we showed up the room was not ready. They said it would be 20 mins so it could be cleaned. 45 mins later, the room was ready. or so they said. the room was musty, the window screen was broken. the lamp shade was melted and flaking off onto the floor. the beds were so bouncy that when my husband moved i almost fell on the floor. At midnight, I woke up and thought i heard gun shots but it was fireworks (not the hotels fault) but even with the windows shut i could hear the constant flow of semi trucks and cars driving past the hotel. ALL NIGHT LONG!! The view from the balcony was pretty, over looking a river. that was the only thing i enjoyed. I would never recommend this hotel. EVER. It was cheap but none of us got any sleep.And on the top of every piece of furniture was about a half inch of dust. The microwave had old food under it and the mini fridge was completely iced up. The hotel staff did bring us a fold out bed for a child but a spring was poking out of it. terrible, terrible terrible. All 5 of us woke up the next day with sinus problems from the dust in the room. Oh, and the toilet would not flush. i think that pretty much covers it.

Room Tip: always check reviews. i wish i had
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank twhitney1978

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems with your guest room. I am so sorry your room was not up to our standards. Could you please call the hotel and speak to April to let her know your name and what room you were in? This will be very helpful in fixing these issues. Again, I am so sorry and hope you will forgive us for not properly inspecting your room.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

This Days Inn suited our needs just fine. Room was fairly large and clean. I LOVED the balcony over the river! Only complaint would be the continental breakfast: nothing but breads, cerial (out of that one morning), and waffles. Carbs carbs carbs with not a piece of fruit in sight. We only ate it twice during our five nights there. The location is close to the main "strip" but not close enough to easily walk to most things of interest. Overall it was a very nice stay and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a decent and clean hotel in the Gatlinburg area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us in Gatlinburg. I am so glad you enjoyed the riverfront balcony as a great way to take in the sights of the smokies! Next time you visit, you may want to take advantage of the trolley stop by the hotel where a quarter will zip you wherever you need to go. Please come see us again soon. Again, thank you so much for choosing the Days Inn on the River!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Not the Hilton but very clean and friendly. Great location to stay while visiting Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. River running out the balcony was excellent. The beds were very clean. The free trolley was just out the back door. Will stay again and again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Just returned yesterday from a 3 night stay. I read all the reviews on Tripadvisor before booking. The hotel is dated, but it is ok. Yes, the sink and bathroom is right inside the front door, but we did not see that as an issue. The beds were VERY clean! That was the biggest brag from our group of 11. The continental breakfast was cereal, toast, donuts, and gravy biscuit, with juice, milk, coffee...not bad! The view was wonderful. We spent our entire trip looking for bears and we only saw one! It came off the hill behind the hotel and went into the river. The staff was friendly and very helpful! We would stay again.

Room Tip: All the rooms were good...they all overlook the river!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I would love to give this hotel a 5 because I fell in love with the out of the way location and the calming sound of the water under the balcony. I slept like a baby for the first time in a long time. That sleep lasted until around 5:30 AM when I was awakened by my husband. I turned on the light to go to the rest room and when I turned down the covers I saw a spot of blood and a red bug running away from me. Horrified, My husband swiftly smashed it and it was filled with blood. My blood I assume. Although we had checked the bed when we arrived, we immediately began hunting for more bugs which we soon found. The hotel was sympathetic and gave us trash bags to place our luggage in until we could get to a laundry but we had to wait until 7:AM to talk to the manager so we stood outside the room for an hour. While waiting my husband decided to take pictures and a video of the bugs and believe me there were plenty of them that were unhappy about us leaving and were apparently looking for their next meal. We were offered another room, which we declined and was told to call Expedia so that we could receive a refund for that night and the next night we had booked. Again, the manager was sympathetic which we appreciated but sympathy could not relieve the stress of knowing how hard our life was going to become if just one of these bugs piggybacked home with us. I have dozens of bites and am allergic to them while my husband seems unscathed. We should have left when we noticed that the furniture was too stained to sit on and the bed covers were faded but we were content sitting on the balcony. All in all, this was not a good way to celebrate our anniversary but it will be remembered. No more hotels for us for a while. We will be saving for a motor home.

Room Tip: Room 218 is where we stayed. Check the room thoroughly for bugs before laying down for a good nights...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Marcella W
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed several nights here on our recent vacation. We stayed here about 5 years ago and wanted to try it again. It wasn't too bad but there are a few issues. We stayed in one of there "updated" rooms. The room wasn't bad over all but is a little dated. There were what appeared to be big brown water stains in several places on the ceiling. The wireless internet was very unreliable the whole time we were there, at least on the 4th floor where we stayed. The signal was very weak on the 4th floor at least, and we could not stay connected for any length of time. There may be a few issues with housekeeping as well. Our room had some receipts and other leftover things from the previous people who stayed in the room. One of the days that we stayed there, our room never got cleaned while we were gone so needless to say we had no towels that day along with overflowing trash cans. The person at the front desk was very nice though and gave us towels. Apparently several rooms did not get cleaned that day because when my wife went down to get towels, there was at least one other person there who had the same problem. The workers that we encountered while there were very friendly and all of us love the balcony overlooking the river. Overall it wasn't too bad of an experience and we would probably use it again, but there are a few areas that they need to address.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family