“dont belive anyone that talks bad about this place”

Economy Inn & Suites
Ranked #48 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Bristol, Virginia
“dont belive anyone that talks bad about this place”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My family has been staying here sents i was a child i am now 45 years old my husband and i kept staying here after i was married and have had the pleasure of bringing our daughter here as a child ,now she is 22 and has two daughters and they stay here. Dad and Mom still come here there has been different owners sents i was a child and all very nice, But you could not ask for more friendlier owners then they have right now, They are a family type place now if you are looking for a place to disturb other guest partying all hours of the night or be rude or disrespect the guest or the owners then yes this is not the place for you!!!! Now if you want a clean welcoming quite peaceful place takes a short walking distance to downtown to the aquarium then this is the place for you and your family,I really encourage this as your place to stay and once you do you will keep coming back!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank truth128

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have been at this place around a month ago for my business purpose. Room was pretty fine and rates were reasonable too. Near to downtown adding more plus point to the place. Recommend motel to people who are looking for cheap option near to downtown.

Room Tip: newly construct rooms are fine to stay
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank NBojen
Gatlinburg, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This Inn was located in the historic aea of downtown Gatlinburg. Very beautiful and quaint area, and close to everything! Our room was clean and comfortable. Thank you Scottish Inns for being so helpful and providing our family with a wonderful stay while we were in Gatlinburg. We will definately be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Lisa Z
Oak Island, North Carolina
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Went on a spontaneous motorcycle ride to Gatlingurg and ended up staying two nights at this motel. The location is PERFECT! You can walk to almost everything. It's too bad that the owners let it go to pot. It is one of those older motels with white cinder block walls and tiny rooms. There were no bugs in my room and it didn't smell. I had the one on the end. There are people who stay in them longterm I noticed. Everything was old, outdated, and in bad shape. You would think they would fix it up considering the location.

Room Tip: cheap rate with old cheap rooms
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JenNRob626
Gatlinburg, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2012

A prison would have better accommodations then this place. I would not wish this place on my worst enemy. I booked the room because it was cheap, also because I am relocating to the area. I booked a week and could not make it two days. The mildew stench was so strong and the old cigarette smoke consumed everything. The plywood beneath the carpet shifted as you walk across the floor. There clearly is water damage to this place, and as there were roaches even in the flyer holder for the attractions of the area. The mattress and box spring were clearly from a salvage yard or dumpster. The towels from a hospital. And the hot water was at best lukewarm.The complimentary soap package dated back to the 80's or 90's.
You can do a lot better. The people who gave this place a decent review are low lifes or blind with no nose.

I moved out because of the mildew stench was so strong even after spraying a deodorizer. I woke up on my second day gasping for air. I can take a lot, but my limit was here.

I moved to the Marshall Creek Inn which is right beside it. It's a total night and day. The rooms were spotless, the staff friendly and helpful. This place reminds me of my grandmother's home cozy and clean, and affordable. These people care about you and your stay in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Leon M
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I visited Gatlinburg last month on business trip, was looking for cheap hotel near to downtown
Checked website of hotel, got reasonable rate to stay for 2 nights.
Good location and room – solved my purpose of stay in my budget.
Recommend if you are looking decent place to stay in quite affordable rates

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank yjimmy75
Prince George, Virginia
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I checked out several reviews and most were not good but I figured I would give them the benefit of the doubt since it was a large room and we would be out of it most of the time. First, no one was there, I had to call a number and no one answered then he finally called me back and said he was at the bank and would be there shortly! Once he finally showed up, I paid for my room and we went out I happened to check my bank account and I was charged another $80.00 on top of paying for the room. It was a separate charge! I called him and of course he did not answer once he finally called me back he said it was incase of cancellation, but the problem with that was, we were already checked in when he charged us!!! and I was NOT told about it! I still have NOT been refunded my money although he said it would be then on the day of our check out we found a cockroach in my daughters bed!! NEVER AGAIN!!!! the hotel has mostly people living there full time not normal vacationing guests!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family