“Run!Head for the hills!”

Economy Inn & Suites
Ranked #52 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed May 15, 2012

A prison would have better accommodations then this place. I would not wish this place on my worst enemy. I booked the room because it was cheap, also because I am relocating to the area. I booked a week and could not make it two days. The mildew stench was so strong and the old cigarette smoke consumed everything. The plywood beneath the carpet shifted as you walk across the floor. There clearly is water damage to this place, and as there were roaches even in the flyer holder for the attractions of the area. The mattress and box spring were clearly from a salvage yard or dumpster. The towels from a hospital. And the hot water was at best lukewarm.The complimentary soap package dated back to the 80's or 90's.
You can do a lot better. The people who gave this place a decent review are low lifes or blind with no nose.

I moved out because of the mildew stench was so strong even after spraying a deodorizer. I woke up on my second day gasping for air. I can take a lot, but my limit was here.

I moved to the Marshall Creek Inn which is right beside it. It's a total night and day. The rooms were spotless, the staff friendly and helpful. This place reminds me of my grandmother's home cozy and clean, and affordable. These people care about you and your stay in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Leon M
There are newer reviews for Economy Inn & Suites

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I visited Gatlinburg last month on business trip, was looking for cheap hotel near to downtown
Checked website of hotel, got reasonable rate to stay for 2 nights.
Good location and room – solved my purpose of stay in my budget.
Recommend if you are looking decent place to stay in quite affordable rates

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank yjimmy75
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I checked out several reviews and most were not good but I figured I would give them the benefit of the doubt since it was a large room and we would be out of it most of the time. First, no one was there, I had to call a number and no one answered then he finally called me back and said he was at the bank and would be there shortly! Once he finally showed up, I paid for my room and we went out I happened to check my bank account and I was charged another $80.00 on top of paying for the room. It was a separate charge! I called him and of course he did not answer once he finally called me back he said it was incase of cancellation, but the problem with that was, we were already checked in when he charged us!!! and I was NOT told about it! I still have NOT been refunded my money although he said it would be then on the day of our check out we found a cockroach in my daughters bed!! NEVER AGAIN!!!! the hotel has mostly people living there full time not normal vacationing guests!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2011

The price was very reasonable, basic room but was fairly comfortable, we had some problem in bathroom but it was fixed by owner as soon as we complained about it, good location

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank J J
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Gone through the online reviews and decided to give it a shot
Location was good, and rooms were cheap too.
Pool was clean and staff was helpful had no problem during my stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank rdon2
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Requested a roll away bed, the lady at the front desk said it would be there as soon as the owners got back because she didn't have keys to the storage area. She let us in the room with a master key then gave us our keys after we paid for the room. We walked around then discovered that the keys didn't work. When we went to the office to get the keys fixed there was a note to go to another room if you needed anything...knocked on the door to get keys fixed and the room was full of police men! They let her fix our keys 30 minutes later! We never found out why they were there, just got our keys and went to our room. The cot never arrived but the next morning when we complained the owners asked us if police could not come on property? Was that not okay? They said they did bring the cot when they got back at 1 in the morning! They did not even apologize that their parking lot was full of policemen, their bathroom full of bugs, their jacuzzi tub had no stopper, the cot never arrived and their "help" was actually a guest at the hotel who watched it for them while they were out! Needless to say they did not offer our money back! I am contacting the chamber of commerce about the service there.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ampreat
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Don't stay there! This place absolutely sucks! Dirty! Dog Hair! Run down! The list goes on. I wouldn't kennel a dog here. If you give them your credit card or cas,h your money will be sucked down the leaking wobbly toliet never to be seen again. There is no such thing as a refund for misrepresentation. It should be condemned. Why doesn't the city make them move their brokendown refuse from the parking lot?

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple