“I will be back....”
Review of Gillette Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Gillette Motel
Ranked #30 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed July 24, 2014

OK.....About the hotel....I was a little on the iffy side because of some of the reviews on the web.

First thing, staff is awesome here. We called and said we would be a smidge late, and "no problem, we will do this and settle up in the morning." No questions, just solutions.

The rooms were big and roomy. Very very very clean. A little dated, but who cares about that. Had a fridge, microwave, and LED TV (with HDMI for techies).

Only real issue was the Gatlinburg Fire Department, nice Loud engines trucks!

Great place to stay...We will be back to this Family owned place!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chris G
There are newer reviews for Gillette Motel

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel is in desperate need of a remodel, especially when it comes to the plumbing. When I took a shower the water kept going from cold to hot to cold. It was terrible!!! I can attest that the room was clean, but the furnishings looked like they had been there since the 60s.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank cstercl
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Was my 1st time in Gatlinburg,TN. Went to the annual Nail Tech Convention. This room was very clean, no unpleasant odors. Staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant! (we are from WI) This Motel is near most of the shops and museums, all within walking distance! If you chose to stay here, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: prepay for your room in full to make checkout times easier and timely!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Joely L
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed at the Gillette for the first time in August 2013 for a business trip. It is very handily positioned directly across the street from the convention center. Yes, like all the hotels in Gatlinburg, it was rather dated, but I was impressed with the immaculately clean room and bathroom upon my arrival. I was also pleased to see a refrigerator and a microwave in the room, and a back door, which led to a nice little balcony where I could sit and look out over the road running between the hotel and a little store/public parking area.The little store had drinks,snacks and a small short order grill I had breakfast with several of my colleagues. There was also a larger, very nice restaurant a couple of doors down where we had breakfast the next day.The hotel is within easy walking distance of the Strip and convenient to most anything in the Gatlinburg area. You expect to do some walking, anyway, when visiting this area.Lots of parking, some covered, an elevator, an area outside both doors to sit and watch the world go by, and very nice people. I have already recommended this to any of my colleagues coming to the area this year.Clean, convenient and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Perfect for access to the Gatlinburg Convention Center.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank VeryHappyInTN
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This was my first time to stay at the Gillette Motel in Gatlinburg, Tn. I would highly recommend this motel. The motel was nice looking, the parking lot was spacious. The location is perfect, about two blocks off main street. Everything is within walking distance.The price of the room was very affordable. All the people that worked here, were super nice and friendly, from the front desk to the lady that cleaned the room. The man at the front desk, at check in, was super helpful on recommending places to eat, things to do. The room was clean, bed comfortable, pillows were awesome (wish I could have carried them home with me). Everything in the room worked, microwave, refrigerator, nice flat screen TV. Great water pressure and plenty of hot water. There were plenty of electrical outlets for my iPhone, iPad, etc. The air conditioner / heater was super quite and worked great. All in all, this is a great place to stay. I will stay here again and looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 111. It was ground floor. In the middle of the motel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank hawk722
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We were recommended this motel by a friend for its convenience to everything. Although is is dated, it is so clean with very clean rooms and spacious as well. The price was super and if we return, it will be to the Gillette. Staff was very nice and cleaning staff went above and beyond. Once you park, you don't have to drive anymore!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Megan C
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The motel was convenient to the civic center where we were attending a conference. The staff was pleasant upon checking in. The motel is Extremely LOUD. The walls are paper thin. We could hear everything the neighboring room was saying. There were two rooms with VERY obnoxious, drunk, loud people staying in them. At 11pm (after several hours of listening to them blaring music, yelling, cussing and singing in the balcony) I called the front office and asked if they did anything about the loud tentants. Without asking (which tells me they knew it was going on) He said Yes I'll tell them its time to quiet down. He did make them go in their rooms. The rooms are very dated but were clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business