“Well worth the price!!”
Review of Gillette Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Gillette Motel
Ranked #31 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
“Well worth the price!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stopped in at this place without reservations on a Friday evening and were given choices of a Queen, king, or 2 double beds. We opted dfor the queen due to lowest price of $65 not expecting much. The room was incredibly clean and the location was perfect fit waffling to all the local attractions. There is a small road to the back of the hotel and I heard motorcycles drive by, but it was quiet by 11.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank jmaskew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Vineland, New Jersey
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here and we're very happy we did. We checked in late at night and the desk clerk was really nice. He accommodated me by taking me to see the room we would be in prior to me paying for it. I asked him to show me first since I had just come from another hotel and the experience was awful. He was very understanding and really pleasant. The room was very big, , smelled good, immaculate, and in my opinion it was a great value. The location of this hotel is great since it's within walking distance to everything downtown in Gatlinburg. We stayed 2 nights and I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: You won't be disappointed if you stay here. Very clean!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Surginurse
London, Kentucky
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We have frequently stayed at the Gillette with no problems. We have always enjoyed the reasonable price, cleanliness and location. During a recent visit we were VERY disappointed in the service we received. We, like another traveler who previously posted, had no hot water in our room. When we called the front desk they asked that we run the water for a while to see if it would warm up. We ran the water for 20-30 minutes with no improvement. The man working the front desk came up to our room and checked it himself. He agreed that there was no hot water and helped us move our things to another room ( outside in the cold/snow ) and told us to check with the desk when we checked out about getting a refund for our troubles. When I checked with the front desk the following morning the clerk was extremely rude and stated there was nothing wrong with the hot water heater and I could call and talk to the manager. When I called the manager I received similiar treatment,interrupting me, telling me to call back some other time, and implying that I was lying even though her own employee had checked the water temp. She also stated we must have ran all of the hot water out. We had not even been in the room for more than a few minutes and its a hotel, aren't they supossed to be able to supply water for lots of people? We did finally receive a small compensation but I get the feeling it was more to get rid of me than to apologize or compensate us for our troubles. I was very disappointed in the service. We have stayed at this hotel becasue it seemed to have a general concern for their customers but the facility and staff seem to be on the decline, we will not return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kcsizemore
Snow Hill Nc
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Have stayed at this particular motel for at least 20 years, and at least once a year, sometimes more! The staff is excellent, the rooms are excellent, and the cleanest motel I have ever stayed in. White bedspreads tells you something! Great location,great view,great parking and Pool! Within walking distance of food, entertainment, and fun. I cannot wait to get back, I could just sit on the porch and watch the world go by, it is so beautiful and peaceful!

Room Tip: I like the rooms with windows facing the pool and parking lot, they are all great though! The famil...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Carol C
Rising Fawn, Georgia
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the Gillette, and was very pleased. I had stayed at another hotel on my recent trips, and the GIllette was about $30 more per night. $90, over $60. But the room was very big, and very clean. Navigating to the room was complicated because of the weird configuration of the hotel and you had to walk on an uncovered bridge to get from one side of the hotel to the other. I was attending a conference at the convention center and this hotel was very convenient. There are only 3 or 4 hotels that could be this close. I was hoping they could give me a break on the price, but they were not interested in that. The room was simple but spacious. But I didn't want to pay $90, if it had been $75 this would be a 5 and 4 review.

Its worth staying in. It did feel considerably bigger and cleaner than the hotel where I have usually stayed. Was that worth $30? maybe so.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for New Year's Eve and Day, and we really enjoyed our stay. The Gillette is an older motel (my mom can remember staying there when she was in her teens), but it has been VERY well kept all these years. Some of the furniture and carpets look dated, but it's just in style and not wear.

We booked our room a bit last minute, so we got a two queen room. One bed was large enough for us, and it was fairly comfy. We used the second bed for storage, though there is enough space around the room for luggage and other travel necessities. The room was very clean and toiletries and towels were replenished each day.

The wireless internet wasn't a problem to connect to, and I liked that we had a mini-fridge and microwave. The walls of the room were a bit thin, and I could hear the man in the next room snoring during the night.

Perhaps my favorite aspect of this hotel is the short distance to everything in downtown Gatlinburg. We were literally a two minute walk from the Space Needle, so we got to see the great fireworks display for New Year's without having to fight the crowd! On New Year's Day, even though it was cold and rainy, we still walked the streets for a couple hours because we knew the hotel was so close and the room would be toasty when we returned.

Parking wasn't a problem, and we were able to get a space right in front of our room. Since we didn't have to drive anywhere, it was nice to load and unload our stuff right there!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here for days over the New Years holiday. This hotel is in a perfect location. It is within a block of the Space Needle and within walking distance to most everything in downtown Gatlinburg. The hotel is American family owned and operated. The office staff are some of the most helpful and friendly folks I have encountered during our travels. The hotel is an older hotel but it has been very well maintained. The housekeeping staff does an excellent job in keeping the place immaculate. They told us that they use the white cotton bed spreads so that they can bleach them to keep them sanitary. I don't know of any other hotel that does this! If you want to stay in the downtown Gatlinburg this is definately a good value for the money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends