WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“STAY HERE WHILE IN GATLINBURG” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gillette Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Gillette Motel
Ranked #29 of 82 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Roanoke, Virginia
“STAY HERE WHILE IN GATLINBURG”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

i have stayed here many times over the thirty years or so. if you plan a trip to gatlinburg, tn , this is a reasonable family run motel. it is only blocks from all of the main attractions . the civic center is just down the street, and always has something going on. the rooms at the gillette are clean and the staff is there always there to assit you. the best part is you can leave that car parked and either walk or take the troller. and stay out of any traffic congestion.

Room Tip: some look at the mountains and some look at the town. your choice.
1 Thank robert w

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Loveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Clean and very nice customer service are the only real compliments I can give this motel. It was old and very dated. I felt the price was far too expensive for the product. It was $120 a night and I know for a fact you can get far cheaper rooms in nicer and more updated hotels. If they would take a bit off the price they might have more people stay there. It was a ghost town when we were there the last week of June.
And speaking of ghost towns: after we came home, I "googled" (to no avail) to see if anyone has ever reported a ghostly encounter at this hotel. Why? Because we did. We awoke from a dead sleep to our 8 year old son yelling that a lady was in the room and she was going into the bathroom area. He was so adamant that my husband had to get up and check. At the same time I looked up to see a man standing by the wall at the foot of the bed. I simply assumed a mirror was hanging on the wall and it was reflecting a picture of an old fashioned dressed fellow into it. Morning came and I realized this was impossible. Did I see a ghost? I think yes. And my son is still 100% positive of what he saw as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank GrooviGirl
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

My rate for this room was low and fair. I was pleased with how friendly and genuinely helpful the staff of this family-operated motel were to me when I made my reservation and upon check-in. My room was simple, nothing fancy, (definitely an older and budget decor) but clean and fit the bill for a one-nighter in Gatlinburg. I didn't need much. This is not a place to stay for luxuriating in the room, or hoping for lots of freebies, but it's perfect for a tidy dependable place where you feel safe and can be at the Gatlinburg Convention Center (across the street) in one minute or walk just a few blocks to be in the heart of the main strip. There's a small fridge and microwave in even the smallest rooms. That's always a plus. It is right next to the fire department - see photo. I've seen (and heard) two emergency vehicles since I've been here, but it's not bothered me at all. It actually has improved my feeling safe and sound. Based on previous trips to Gatlinburg - just not having to catch a humid, crowded trolley to go anywhere and being in the perfect spot to walk wherever - I'm happy. They also said I can leave my car after check out for the day while I'm at the Convention Center. Perfect. :) They're nice people - give this place a try. I will return for Gatlinburg trips when I need to be in the middle of things and want a dependable and affordable place to stay the night.

Room Tip: I liked being on the street level to park and walk right in - there are some that you go up outdoor...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Old outdated 60's 70's style beds, furniture, accessories, carpet, and lighting. Shower head awkward, old, and terribly hard to get a normal water temperature. Location is very good. I found it tolerable at $120 for two nights that I paid in advance... UNTIL I was informed that it was $120 a night upon checkout and had to pay again. I will never stay there again!

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank givingmy2cents
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

If you don't mind the out dated look and condition of the rooms then this is for you...the rooms are large but the cheap motel hell furniture and bedding is a turn-off...I cried when I saw the room. A real roach motel.

Room Tip: Try one of the newer lodgings...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Mike W
Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

We spent new years eve, 2011 in gatlinburg at the Gillette, and wow. I have never had better service, the staff at Gillette goes above and beyond great service. The motel is a little older and rooms may not be as modern, but the service those people gives you is incredible. We loved it so much we went ahead and booked our rooms for next year. Gillette has made a customer for life out of me and my family! thanks for the great weekend Gillette!

1 Thank tammy s
North Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

You start with a plastic key holder and actual metal key to unlock your door...but trust me when I say you will like this place. The room was spotlessly clean, even white bedspreads, white towels, tile bathroom floor, and the carpet. Every items was in perfect working order including the TV, heat/air, hair dryer, small refrigerator, and microwave. The Gillette is located right across from the Gatlinburg Convention Center so we could walk to all the shops and food easily. Be sure to checkout the old paintings in the lobby of the Gillette's humble beginnings--very interesting.

Room Tip: Adjoining rooms were great for in-laws and grandkids
3 Thank Stephanie B