Bales Motel
$117
$108
  • Pool
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$63
$61
$139
GardenInn.com
Great 4.5/5
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$119
$109
Very Good 4/5
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$65
$63
Very Good 4/5
Zoders Inn & Suites(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$92
$283
$274
Gatlinburg Inn(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$159
$149
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Hampton Inn Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$129
$119
Hotwire.com
$983
$99
TripAdvisor
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsmom and popplace to staywalking distancewater pressureper nightthe main striprateskitchenetteattractionsmountains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed three nights while photographing the Smokies. The size of the room was fine and it was clean but the room seemed a bit worn. The room was economical and located close to where I was shooting. I was gone before sunrise, napped in the afternoon and was out until well past sunset. The owners were as nice as they could be and very helpful. That alone was worth an extra star in my rating. I would be happy to stay there again but if my wife were with me she would have opted to pay more and stay at Jack Huffs Motel down the street.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank SeaKayker
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I'm a research hound, so when I plan to stay at a motel/hotel/hostel/anything of the sort, I read reviews so I know what I'm getting into. For $50/night on Friday and Saturday and $35/night the rest of the time, this place is a steal!!! It's less than some hostels I've stayed in overseas. It's off the main street and therefore very quiet at night. The owners live on site and are therefore available anytime you need them. (We were leaving early the next morning, and were able to pay for our full stay the night before, since Reception wasn't opening until later in the morning. So the owners are very accommodating.) The room is basic, but has everything one would need - and more. Our room also included a microwave, a small refrigerator, and all the rooms have also individual air conditioners.

One thing that was a little "harsh" was the water pressure was crazy forceful! It just jetted out of the showerhead full force. But, if that was the only thing I had to really think of as a negative, that says a lot. In the end, this place is a great base to use while exploring the Smokys without breaking your wallet. I would totally stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Laura I
Reviewed June 3, 2011

We had made a res. for an over night stay when we arrived it was raining like crazy our Jeep doors were leaking so bad that we were wet head to toe, it was also much later than we had planed to arrive.To our suprise nichol upgraded us to a lovely room with a carport type cover that got our jeep in out of the weather and we were able to unload in the dry.not only were the owner's very nice but the upgrade was FREE they did not have to do that .I will always advise anyone to stay @ this family Motel just far enought away from the main drag in Gatlinburg ,Tn.to be quiet yet very close enought to walk into the thick of things PLEASE try this Motel you will LOVE IT AS MUCH AS WE DO .and say hello from Chattanooga for us.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank bachbums1970
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We wanted a clean room near the Parkway and that is exactly what Bales provided. The motel is old and shows its age in places, but the room was large and clean. Location was the best amenity, as it was only a five minute easy walk to the Village.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Runnoft333
Reviewed May 12, 2011

We've been coming to this place since we were kids. I'm now 28. My Dad found this place, and every time I come to visit G-burg, I stay here. The rooms still look exactly the same when we were kids. LOL! I love it though. It brings back good memories. Many more memories to make now with my Son. Awesome place to stay!!! You can't beat the price. I had no problems with my room. Loved how big it was. It was great for the kids to run around!!!! BIG PLUS!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family