“Good but not great”

Ranked #19 of 200 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Serve Simple Foods Whatever the specific restaurant concept, the ability to create menu items in a consistently excellent manner is directly related to ease of production and simplicity of presentation. Consistency at a high level is always more important than innovation. Use The Finest quality Ingredients There is no more essential factor in a successful menu program than the quality of ingredients used in food preparation. Starting with the best is the only possible way to end up with the best. Keep The Environment Clean, Organized and In Proper Working Order Concern for the guest means being attentive to all environmental details from maintenance of the physical plant to the personal grooming of each individual employee. Cleanliness and order are the keys to building guest confidence in the establishment. Make Memorable Moments It is the perfecting of all the little details in a restaurant that makes the guest's dining experience a memorable one. With every action, the appropriate question is: does this act show a commitment to excellence and respect for the patronage of the guest? Work As a Team Ease, efficiency and enjoyment of the restaurant experience, for both employees and guests, is directly related to the level of respect, support and cooperation among the staff. Any restaurant guest is everybody's guest; any restaurant responsibility is everybody's responsibility.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were able to get a table really quick upstairs. Our server was great (Zac) but our food was mediocre. The burgers were very good but the fries were cold (which Zac was quick to correct & brought out hot ones). My salad was good but I would have loved to see some more field greens but only iceburg. Our pizza was lukewarm. The craft beer was good but not superb.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,453)

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Had wings and a few cold brews. Service was ok, food was really good. A little loud, but it's that kind of place so don't go expecting a quiet meal. Overall very satisfied.

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Beer was excellent! Wing meat a little skimpy, hot spicy is definately hot!!! Salad with bacon, ham and chicken was very very filling!!!
Would definately recommend!!!

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Tried Smokey Mountain for lunch bases on reviews & were not disappointed. Decor was rustic. Our table looked out huge glass windows directly to the beautiful Fall display of leaves going up the mountain. Had two of their premium drafts...one very dark and on middle of the road...both flavorful & delicious. Burger & Mountain Melt (Patty Melt) were exceptional as well as the perfectly seasoned fries. Our server was personable & attentive. Overall a lovely lunch for around $40.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I am a big fan of microbreweries, and I had high expectations for this place based upon the reviews I read prior to our trip. I thank you fellow Tripadvisor reviewers because you did not let me down! The beer is great and they have a very good selection of beers on tap. Our first night there was their release of the Harvest Ale and it was delicious! We enjoyed a few pints of that, along with a pepperoni and mushroom pizza, which was also very good. The crust is nice and thin, and very crunchy. It was very busy there on our first night and the bar upstairs is not that big, so it fills up fast. We fortunately found a table in the bar area and right after we sat down, our server Meghan came over and introduced herself and told us she would be taking care of us that night. She was great! Just as nice as can be and very friendly. We really enjoyed talking with her and even with the big crowd, she was very attentive and we never had a long wait in between rounds.

The brewery does sell bottled beer as well as growlers to go, so I stocked up on some bottles of beer to have during the week at our cabin. I was able to do an assortment of different beers, which enabled me to try most of what they were currently serving, which was great.

I can't comment on the other food items as we only had the pizza. We did go back a second time, but that was after we had dinner, so we only had drinks the second time.

If it were up to me, I would have stopped in every night during our trip to Gatlinburg. That's how much I enjoyed the place and the beers!

This will definitely be my first stop during our next visit to Gatlinburg!