“Great Location!!”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed March 20, 2009

We were very pleased with our stay!! We stayed in the King Suite (there were 2 king beds). There were 2 very large rooms. The location for walking around Gatlinburg was perfect! The continental breakfast each morning was about what you would expect. Doughnuts, toast, cereal, juice and coffee. The doughnuts were fresh (Krispy Kreme) each morning. We stayed for 3 nights and would stay there again!

The staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed!!

Enjoy your trip to Gatlinburg!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
14  Thank vhasouth

Reviewed January 3, 2009

The room was about what I'd expected for the price I paid and the the time of year I was there.

There were some items that were left behind from the previous occupants by housekeeping - a pair of men's briefs under the sink, and several potato chips under the edge of the bed - there were also numerous hairs of the "short and curly" variety lying around in the bathroom area, mainly behind the door.

The fireplace's operation was sporadic in nature; sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

On the one day that we didn't make use of the "Do Not Disturb" sign, our wet towels from the previous day were left in the bathroom floor and the bar of soap that was left for us to use had obviously gotten wet, and the paper on it was covered in mold. We heard this complaint from several guests around us, as well.

Don't count on the breakfast in the lobby - you'll just need to plan on eating out.

To point out the positives, the check-in went well and the front office staff seemed nice. The location of the property is ideal - close enough to the parkway, but still quiet. We had a great view of the New Year's Eve festivities across the street. The balcony was nice, and so was the fireplace (when it worked). The water was hot and the pressure was decent. I liked the micro-fridge in each room.

If I were running the place, I'd bail on the continental breakfast in the lobby and use that money to beef up housekeeping a bit.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2008

Stayed in a room next to pool, Quite large and clean. King bed comfortable, pillows lacking, great shower and plenty of hot water. Staff super friendly and helpful. This hotel is great for leaving the car and walking Gatlinburg

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
14  Thank Az_NJ
Reviewed December 8, 2008

We stayed at the Econo during our trip to Gatlinburg. We loved the location as it was very easy to get to anything we needed. We parked our car in the spot and didnt move it for the rest of the trip! We stayed in one of the "house suites" which was not connected to the hotel and was a very large room with a king bed. Had a huge closet and lots of storage spaces.
The hotel could have used a little updating but nothing too major and nothing that would make your trip horrible.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
14  Thank JordiDunn
Reviewed November 25, 2008

Their website on Sept 21 showed they took pets. I told them I had a small dog online in the comments. When I arrived the lady at the desk said they only had a couple of rooms that they allow pets and they were occupied. So she gave us a non-pet room. The problem is she charged us $15 extra per night and this was not posted anywhere on the website. When i checked out I complained to the family from India that owns the place. The father just stared at me and did' t say anything. The son said I am changing the website to say we don't take pets. I wrote to Choice complaining for my money back and they passed the buck saying it was up to the hotel. Needless to say, I will not stay or recomend this hotel. Our room was very basic for the money and Gatlinburg has many great places to stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank TravelorI40
Reviewed September 9, 2008

We stayed at the hotel for one night. although we were schedualed to stay for 4nights and 5 days. We arrived on thursday night and checked out on friday evening after returning to the room for a days outing. The hotel manager that was on shift that night was really nice and helped out by putting us in a larger room! Then my husband seen that it was no smoking and wanted to be moved to a smoking room, and the girl that was at the desk when i went back in also put us in another room with a good rate, it had a jacuzzi tub (which we didnt have time to use) a king bed, and a queen bed, fire place, and micro and fridge which is very useful when you have children traveling with you. We didnt have alot of time to use the room or pool but it was a nice set up, i didnt like the entry to the second floor all that much but thats stuff you can live with. The only real bad thing about the room was that we got bites on us from something, when we entered the room we could smell the smell of a pet so im assuming it had to be fleas. The manager said that pets were not allowed in the room but the girl at the desk said sometimes they sneak them in without them knowing. and im sure they do! I asked for half of our money back for that day and he said that we had to pay a full day because the cleaning staff had already cleaned. I use to be the manager of housekeeping at a local ramada and from my 8 years of expierence maybe they should stay a little longer because there was hair all over the tub, and toilet, and my husband found dirty magazines in the draw so im glad my 4 year old son didnt look in there first! other than that it was an ok stay! I really appriciate the rate that they gave us on the room though!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank ssdlh08
Reviewed August 26, 2008

For the price, this place exceeded my expectations. The room we got for our party of four was huge- with a fireplace and a whirlpool tub. We had a fridge, free Internet, large screen TV, a King, 1 Queen and a pull-out couch - all for $154 (including taxes0. There is also a pool on the grounds - something the Econolodge in Cherokee did not have!

The location is extremely central and the teens loved that there was an arcade at the end of the street.

BTW, the Park Grill in Gatlinburg is an outstanding restaurant and we had the best steak of the entire 3 week trip in the south. The salad bar is wonderful as well. Gatlinburg itself is a total hoot as the town is more of a theme park than anything else.

• Stayed: August 2008