“Decent place for quick stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Middle Tennessee
“Decent place for quick stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I went to Gatlinburg for a one day trip on October 17-18 and stayed here in Room 217. I will agree that the hotel could use some additional cleaning and updating and the housekeeping for our bathroom was somewhat lacking, however for the price, it was not a bad place to stay. I had no black soles on my white athletic socks, the lcd tv was nice (while it worked - the remote died the morning we were leaving), the refrigerator was cold, the air conditioning was cold, and the beds were very good. Do not stay here if you are expecting the Ritz or do not like the sounds of barking dogs during the day and early evening (they allow pets) but otherwise it was ok and we may stay here again. Breakfast was ok for a discount establishment. It included make your own waffles, decent coffee, cereal (corn flakes and fruit loops), Krispy Kreme donuts, juice, and bread for toast. The breakfast area was clean. The staff at the front desk were very friendly.

Room Tip: We requested a room in the main building where the office was but got a room in the annex across the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Tngilmer
Pamela g, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
We are happy that you chose to spend your one night in Gatlinburg with us. The staff works very hard each day to ensure that each and every guest has a pleasant stay. I have already spoke with the staff about the issue you expressed. I do apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay. We hope you will give us another try when you return to the Great Smoky Mountains. Thank you for the review and hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Great location, close the center of Gatlinburg Strip. However rooms were dirty and had worn furnishings. Mildew on shower curtain & tub and had dirty carpets & insects. Stayed three nights and had to go and get clean towels each day. Also, had no pickup of dirty towels. Housekeeping had the nerve to solicit a tips for the dirty place. Price was fair. Owners appear to be pocketing profits while low prices keep nearly full units occupied, by cost conscious, unsuspecting families.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank crowwest
Pamela g, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
We will review each of your comments to ensure our guest receive superior service. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Lillington, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

There are more modern places to stay and I am sure you will pay the price. We got a nice clean outdated place for a resonable rate. The feel was somewhat cozy. Close to the main strip among all the action. Maybe an hour or so after we arrived we got a phone call asking if everything was to our satifaction which it was. There was an envelope on the table asking for a tip for the cleaning lady. I didn't really care for that.
The buffet isn't worth your time unless you want a cup of coffee and a donut to hold you over till you get to a restaurant. They offered Frosted Flakes, Fruit Loops, packet of Oatmeal of course waffles and donuts. This may be all you need but we ended up eating at a restaruant later. Over all it was a pleasant stay. We would probably stay again.

Room Tip: There is only enough space to park one car per room. They give you a card to hang from your rear vie...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 914211m
Pamela g, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
I am happy that you chose to stay with us here at EconoLodge Inn & Suites! I'm pleased to learn that your room was clean and cozy.The staff works very hard to ensure each guest has the best accommodations during their stay. Our property is constantly making new updates thru out the season. We hope the next time you visit the Smoky Mountains you will stop in to see what we have updated and receive the same great service. Thank you for being our guest.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

This place is always great when I stay. Friendly staff and great location just about a block off the parkway behind Ripley's oddatorium. Walking distance to almost everything. Front desk checked on me about an hour into my stay to make sure the room was OK.

Room Tip: I enjoy the suites here. The secondary building seems to be in better shape with parking underneath...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
8 Thank bjcliq
Thank you for all your kind words and taking the time to write this review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our number one goal is to make sure each of our guest have an enjoyable and relaxing stay. We are looking forward to your return visit so we can give you the same great service.
Franklin, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We needed a clean place to sleep between hikes, conveniently located to restaurants on the main drag in Gatlinburg. This place provided all that. If you are looking to spend much time in your room, I would look elsewhere. Also, the breakfast is pretty miserable. I would just skip that. But the price is hard to beat for this location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pamela g, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this response. Our number one goal is the satisfaction of our guest. I am pleased that you found your room clean and accommodating for your needs. The rates we charge are some of the most reasonable in Gatlinburg for the quality of what you get. We are constantly making improvements to our property due to responses like yours. I hope you will give us another try the next time you are in the Smoky Mountains. Once again, thank you for your business.
Roxboro, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I spent weeks and weeks looking for the best hotel, high rated ones at an affordable price range. Originally Econo Lodge was not one of the options as it was a little more expensive than my tight budget would allow, but I was able to get a GREAT deal booking a few weeks in advanced. Saved About $40. So glad that I booked here. It was literally a minute walk to get to the main strip, but on a quiet street where you were not disturbed by any noise. It was a smaller hotel, but looked very cute from the front with the pool and surrounding foliage, and rockers outside of each room. During our 4 night stay we did not get housekeeping to clean the room so I cannot comment on that, but I will say that this was one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in, no complaints at all. All 3 of the front desk workers I met were all very kind, one gentleman evening letting me check in an hour or two early when arriving before check in. The continental breakfast was also better than most I have experienced. I'm used to the typical juice, coffee, mini muffins and donuts and that's about it. Here they had juices,coffee, milk, two cereal choices, oatmeal, toast, krispy kreme donuts and a waffle maker, which I used every morning. It was great. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Sarah F
Pamela g, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
We are very pleased that you choose us for your lodging. By booking in advance through Choice Hotels you saved about 20%. This is a good bit of money especially on an extended stay such as yours. We work very hard to ensure each and every guest has an enjoyable stay during their vacation. I have shared your review with everyone here. It gives us great pleasure to learn that you had a great stay! Thank you for all the kind words and hope to see you again in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We booked last-minute, received a friendly welcome and were pleasantly surprised by the town and the view. Everything you need in walking distance, good parking. Breakfast area is small, but this is great value for money.

• Stayed September 2013
14 Thank Becky H
Pamela g, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
We do appreciate all your kind words. Our team works very hard each day to make sure each and every guest have a pleasant stay. It makes our day to read wonderful reviews such as yours. It is guest such as yourselves that makes it a pleasure to work the hospitality industry. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write this review. We are looking forward to a return visit from you!