“Absolutely Amazing!”

The Lodge at Buckberry Creek
Ranked #1 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Our stay was so amazing! The views are incredible, the food is some of the best I have ever had, truly. The service we received was impeccable all around. We had such a wonderful time and can't wait to come back again and again. Nothing else even compares in this area. Between the decor, views, and service, it's our new favorite destination. Special thanks to the dining staff and a wonderful staff member named John, who was so friendly and made us feel right at home. We will be back soon!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Lodge at Buckberry Creek

Reviewed December 14, 2013

The first time when we came we felt more welcomed. I asked for a glass a wine and they served it in a glass without a stem, i told the server i would like it in a stem glass thats my preference, he had a attitude. Im not sure of his name but i felt he had a attitude. My daughter and i played scrabble and the board was dusty not good.The we went to our room nice, then dinner.I was not to impressed 2 young girls one was training you could tell but no expertise when it comes to wine I will not come back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank kjj150
BBL37738, Manager at The Lodge at Buckberry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

We are sorry to hear that your second time with us did not meet your expectations. We have noted your stemware preference, and will use that information in making decisions for the future. It is necessary to have staff be trained, so if her knowledge of wine seemed inadequate, we do apologize. Our Restaurant Manager continues to work with his staff to improve their knowledge to better their interaction with guests and make the dining experience the best possible. We do hope you will reconsider and come visit with us again.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We loved everything about this lodge! The grounds are beautiful and everyone is so nice! We especially lived the pavilion down by the creek! There are many areas on the property with firepits and seating. We will most definitely go back again!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We have stayed here several times and we love it. It is on the mountain, so you can have the city of Gatlinburg below with all of it's hustle and bustle and then be at Buckberry in the beauty of the mountains, so you can have the best of both worlds. The rooms are spacious with a fireplace and balcony , so you can just relax with a fire and look out and see the mountains at the same time. The restaurant has excellent food and service and after a full day, it is so pleasant to enjoy your evening meal sitting outside on the deck if the weather is permitting.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have traveled to the Smoky Mountains a few times and have stayed at Blackberry Farm everytime. I thought I would give another place a try since it's Christmas and Blackberry is costly. I had done my research and felt this would be a great place for myself and my boyfriend to escape. We stayed for two nights and it was terrible. We ate at the restaurant one night and sat next to two ladies that were loud, obnoxious and very drunk. We mentioned something to our waitress and were told there was nothing she could do about it. After the least romantic dinner of my 55 years on earth we decided to escape these ladies by heading to the pavilion, which was a pain to get to and I'm pretty sure not on their property, it was very far away. while snuggled under the blankets of the pavilion we started to forget about our dinner until the drunk ladies showed up there. One could barely stand and was loudly explaining to someone on the phone, not sure how she got cell service but she did, how they should come up cause she got a room comp'd and was bragging about it repeatedly... and loudly. If I had wanted a party place I would have taken a Carnival Cruise or just stayed in Pigeon Forge. I have been back in Oregon for 2 days and wasn't gonna write a review, in fact I have never written a review before but I couldn't let it go cause when I spoke to the lady at the front desk about she seemed to not care. I asked to speak to a manager and she said she was who ran the place, I was appauled that someone so young and rude was in charge. If I ever make it to Tennessee again I will be staying at Blackberry and shouldn't have tried somewhere else.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
18  Thank Corline L

We reached out to you when this review was posted because the owners wanted to speak with you directly about your stay. We appreciate guest feedback, and try to use comments such as yours to precipitate improvement and/or correction. Unfortunately, your identity does not match any of our reservations, so we cannot determine exactly when this occurred and how to effect specific change. If you would like to assist us in making our Lodge at better place to stay for future guests, the owners would welcome a conversation.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

One of the challenges of visiting Great Smokey Mountain NP is finding lodging that allows you to avoid the kitschy, touristy bustle of Gatlinburg. Buckberry Creek does it beautifully! The rooms are incredible - warm and homelike with balconies overlooking the smokies. If you are staying for a few days, it's probably worth the extra bucks for the larger room with a kitchen. We enjoyed dinner overlooking the scenery from the balcony. The continental breakfast had plenty of good options to fuel your hikes.

Also, the staff is outstanding. I had an unexpected work situation and needed to quickly send a document. The receptionist (I wish I could recall her name) was extremely helpful and worked to find a solution for me, which she certainly didn't need to do. It definitely contributed to feeling that the staff would take care of all of your needs.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here a few times. It has become our go to place for our date night getaways. The rooms are always clean and well stocked. The staff is friendly. The rooms are very cozy and have a very homelike feel. Highly recommend. It is very quieting peaceful. We even had to cancel one time at the last minute and staff was very accommodating and understanding.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple