I have traveled to the Smoky Mountains a few times and have stayed at Blackberry Farm everytime. I thought I would give another place a try since it's Christmas and Blackberry is costly. I had done my research and felt this would be a great place for myself and my boyfriend to escape. We stayed for two nights and it was terrible. We ate at the restaurant one night and sat next to two ladies that were loud, obnoxious and very drunk. We mentioned something to our waitress and were told there was nothing she could do about it. After the least romantic dinner of my 55 years on earth we decided to escape these ladies by heading to the pavilion, which was a pain to get to and I'm pretty sure not on their property, it was very far away. while snuggled under the blankets of the pavilion we started to forget about our dinner until the drunk ladies showed up there. One could barely stand and was loudly explaining to someone on the phone, not sure how she got cell service but she did, how they should come up cause she got a room comp'd and was bragging about it repeatedly... and loudly. If I had wanted a party place I would have taken a Carnival Cruise or just stayed in Pigeon Forge. I have been back in Oregon for 2 days and wasn't gonna write a review, in fact I have never written a review before but I couldn't let it go cause when I spoke to the lady at the front desk about she seemed to not care. I asked to speak to a manager and she said she was who ran the place, I was appauled that someone so young and rude was in charge. If I ever make it to Tennessee again I will be staying at Blackberry and shouldn't have tried somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Buckberry Creek has brought the elegance of the “Great Camps” of the Adirondacks to the pristine beauty of the Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee. Designed to reflect the retreats created in the Adirondack Mountains over 100 years ago by some of the East Coast’s wealthiest families, Buckberry Lodge pampers guests with the true natural grandeur of the Adirondack architectural style. Nestled away high above Gatlinburg, Tennessee, The Woods building offers 14 luxury-suite rooms from 600 square feet to 750 square feet. Rooms feature fireplaces, private balconies, bathrooms with separate showers and Jacuzzi tubs. The majority of our suites have a King bed but we do have a few rooms with 2 Double beds. Rest, recharge, and relax within your suite or enjoy the area attractions of Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains. Our property is less than 2 miles from the entrance of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and all the beauty it holds. We are also less than 2 miles from Downtown Gatlinburg. There is a firepit which overlooks Mt. LeConte – a great spot to unwind & relax. Although we have experienced a great loss since the November 28th fire, we are very fortunate to have The Woods building to share with our guests. We look forward to welcoming you to The Lodge at Buckberry Creek for your Smoky Mountain lodging destination! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Lodge at Buckberry Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Buckberry Creek Hotel Gatlinburg
- Hotel At Buckberry Creek
- At Buckberry Creek Gatlinburg
- Lodge Buckberry Creek