To be honest, as we drove into town via 441 from the Smoky Mountain National Park and saw the frenetic mayhem that is Gatlinburg, we felt like we made a bit of a mistake for a quick overnight in the Smokies. But, when we got away from the main drag and reached the Lodge we were really blown away. Beautiful setting, comfortable and nicely appointed rooms, and friendly folks. We never went back into Gatlinburg...
-- The lodge's location overlooking Mt. Le Conte and environs is beautiful. Looked like a great view from any room.
-- The main lodge/dining area was really a cool spot to hang out. Made you feel like you were in your own personal hunting/fishing lodge
-- The complimentary continental breakfast was definitely an upgrade over the chain hotels' attempt at free "breakfast"
-- The folks who run this place are extremely friendly and helpful. Special thanks to Helen who made sure the on-property hiking trail was open and cleared of yellowjackets so we could make the hike (see below)
-- Fun hiking trail that takes you down to the creek where there is a pavilion and fire pit. Very cool area to hang out.
-- The room. Wow. Comfortable rustic furniture and other nice touches made it feel very lodge-like. Huge tile shower with bench. All very new feeling. Small kitchen allowed us to make dinner and enjoy it from our private deck.
-- Dinner menu looked very good and an upgrade over choices in town (at least it looked that way to us -- we made our own dinner)
-- Wi-Fi was giving us all kinds of aggravation. We could connect at main desk but not in our room.
-- Pull out bed in room was not the most comfortable thing, really.
The kids had a good time but I can see this also as a really nice retreat for couples. In mid-July (mid-week) it was a peaceful place. If we are ever in the area again, this is where we would stay without doubt. Wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed due to wildfire. No re-open date yet. Visiting our rustically elegant lodge is like stepping back in time, yet with all the modern amenities. Pristine Smoky Mountain views are the focal point of most our 44 luxurious individually appointed suites. Each suite offers a fireplace, balcony, cable TV and DVD, queen sleeper sofa, full kitchen, and large bathroom with a whirlpool soaking tub. While staying at our mountain retreat you could easily spend your days enjoying our walking trails, napping in the hammock by Buckberry Creek and enjoying the delicious fare of our restaurant - and never need venture beyond our driveway. And if you are looking to explore our incredible natural surroundings - hiking, fishing, skiing, fine arts and crafts and scenic drives are just minutes away. We'll even pack you a lunch...If you are staying with us on business or just want to let others know about our Great Camp of the Smokies, we provide free WiFi throughout the lodge. The Lodge at Buckberry Creek offers an unrivaled experience in the Smokies! Winter. Spring. Summer. Fall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Jetsetter so you can book your The Lodge at Buckberry Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Buckberry Creek Hotel Gatlinburg
- Hotel At Buckberry Creek
- At Buckberry Creek Gatlinburg
- Lodge Buckberry Creek