Our family of four stayed hear in early April and had a very nice time. Well kept, spacious room with a large bathroom (large shower and seperate tub) and nice kitchen ammenities. Comfortable bed with decent linens. The Molton Brown toiletries were a treat also! We had one bedroom and a convertible couch for the kids in the living area. Nice deck with beautiful view. I believe the name of our room was the "Dancing Bear" in building 3 - right next to main building.
The resort is beautifully decorated...definitely a "lodge" feel. Beautiful fireplaces, nice lounge area with lots of pictures of the history of the Smokies. Also many "stuffed" animals. We did walk the trail on the property as well which was a nice hike.
We had the continental breakfast most days which consisted of coffee, juice, pastries, cereal, fruit and yogurt. Plenty to get you started for the day. There is also the option of ordering off of a menu for breakfast. Dining area is has limited seating, but very nice and cozy. We also ate dinner one evening in the restaurant and it was fantastic - we reserved the evening before and the dining room was full when we ate so I recommend making reservations if you plan to eat dinner there. The staff were also friendly and helpful.
I would definitely recommend this lodge but I do have to give one piece of advice - Campbell Lead Rd is super twisty and turny, especially if you take it into Gatlinburg where it branches off behind the Aquarium. I was white-knuckling it the whole trip. The Bypass isn't nearly as bad. Keep it in mind if that kind of thing bothers you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Buckberry Creek has brought the elegance of the “Great Camps” of the Adirondacks to the pristine beauty of the Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee. Designed to reflect the retreats created in the Adirondack Mountains over 100 years ago by some of the East Coast’s wealthiest families, Buckberry Lodge pampers guests with the true natural grandeur of the Adirondack architectural style. Nestled away high above Gatlinburg, Tennessee, The Woods building offers 14 luxury-suite rooms from 600 square feet to 750 square feet. Rooms feature fireplaces, private balconies, bathrooms with separate showers and Jacuzzi tubs. The majority of our suites have a King bed but we do have a few rooms with 2 Double beds. Rest, recharge, and relax within your suite or enjoy the area attractions of Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains. Our property is less than 2 miles from the entrance of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and all the beauty it holds. We are also less than 2 miles from Downtown Gatlinburg. There is a firepit which overlooks Mt. LeConte – a great spot to unwind & relax. Although we have experienced a great loss since the November 28th fire, we are very fortunate to have The Woods building to share with our guests. We look forward to welcoming you to The Lodge at Buckberry Creek for your Smoky Mountain lodging destination! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your The Lodge at Buckberry Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Buckberry Creek Hotel Gatlinburg
- Hotel At Buckberry Creek
- At Buckberry Creek Gatlinburg
- Lodge Buckberry Creek