“Quality food but pricey”
Review of Pancake Pantry

Pancake Pantry
Ranked #13 of 197 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: We are a family owned and operated restaurant that specializes in great food and friendly service. We are a tradition for families and a landmark for Gatlinburg. So come enjoy our house...
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We visited this restaurant at 9:00 in the morning. We had a party of 6 (4 adults and 2 kids). We waited for about 20 minutes. Once we sat down, our waitress was friendly, efficient, and quick. I would say, this is not the place to visit if you want a typical eggs, bacon, and grits breakfast. The other 4 in my party came to this place with this is mind. If that is what you are looking for, there are cheaper places to eat. However, I ordered the Wildberry Crepes and they were phenomenal. All of the food was good but definitely a place to visit if you want to "try" something out of the ordinary. Otherwise, you will pay a great deal of money for the typical eggs, bacon, and sausage breakfast.

1  Thank workingmommy1
There are newer reviews for Pancake Pantry

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My family loves dining at the Pancake Pantry. We always choose to eat at this restaurant when in Gatlinburg at breakfast time. The food is always delicious. The staff are usually friendly and accommodating. My only complaint would be the difficulty entering and exiting the restaurant because of the close proximity of the tables and chairs to each other. When the place is full it is not easy to come and go, especially if you meet others entering and exiting.

1  Thank B5587TDjenniferc
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Nearly every time we make a return trip to Gatlinburg (on average every 18 months), we try to stop in and have a meal here. It's typically breakfast, but on this trip I finally got to try the lunch as we entered before they closed one afternoon. I enjoyed the cucumber salad and my sandwich greatly. When I do go for breakfast, I almost always get the Morning Star because (shockingly) I don't like pancakes.
My daughter's favorite items are the Zippity Do Da with the strawberries and my son's is the chocolate chip pancakes.
Beware of the lines. They know what they're doing with very good and efficient service, but it's a stop for many people. Also bring cash as they don't accept cards.

3  Thank Chris H
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

So we were kindve overwhelmed with the options and decided to eat here after the aquarium visit. The menu looked good so we went in. First impression is its outdated and welcoming staff never even said hello! They were actually pretty rude! As we were seated we realized they only had two options for kids for lunch and since it took about 10-15 minutes before we were ever approached by the waitress we almost just walked out! The food was just ok. To be honest we didn't order any pancakes just lunch items so pancakes may have been terrific but service was so poor we wouldn't have cared anyway. One thing I want to point out is restrooms are on the second floor up two flights of stairs and no elevator so it is not up to code! How they get away with that is beyond me! Oh and they only except cash!

1  Thank Cjordan128b
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I had the fluffiest, most tender pancakes I have ever had! The rest of my breakfast was great also, but the pancakes...wow. I could have eaten myself sick, and it would have been worth it. We were on a budget this trip and we're eating the free breakfast at the hotel, which was less than stellar. The second morning we decided it wasn't worth the savings. This place was packed, which is usually a good sign for a restaurant. They were able to seat my wife and I, right away. I was a little concerned about the service, we sat there for quite a while before our server came to take our orders, after that though she was a rock star. We had our food in no time, I could tell she had a number of tables, large and small. She was attentive to all. This is not the most budget friendly place, for breakfast, but it was worth the money. Definitely on my breakfast list for next trip.

1  Thank Rednecktravelin123