“Disappointed.”

Ranked #15 of 195 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: We are a family owned and operated restaurant that specializes in great food and friendly service. We are a tradition for families and a landmark for Gatlinburg. So come enjoy our house...
Calera, Alabama
“Disappointed.”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was the first time I have been to The Pancake Pantry that I left disappointed. We didn't have to wait in line very long, but once we got a table the service was not good. We had to wait a while for our food, which is unusual. Once we got our food we were disappointed in the food, it was not good. We will be back in November and we will try it again. Hope things are better.

Visited August 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Average food, Terrible service and attitudes”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Ok, so there was a long line out side the restaurant. Guy hands us a ticket #138, but says "don't lose your place in line" ok, so why give us a number then? WE get to front of line, and hostess says you see that guy at the back of restaurant? Go to him and he can seat you. I guess having the hostess walk you to your table is a waste of time for them.

We are seated, waitress approaches as we sit, and askes what will we have? WE both respond coffee. "and to eat"? We don't know we haven't even opened the menu. She returns with coffee within 2 minutes as says "what will you have" ? Still have not gotten half way through menu. At this point it is apparent they are pushing you to order, eat, and get out.

Best one is I asked for extra napkins, she returns with 2 (which I used), and a few minutes later my friend asked if he could also have an extra napkin to which her response is "I just brought you 2" I guess I should not have use the 1 extra to blow my nose with. My bad, apparently.

Upon paying for our bill the cashier asks How was your meal, we respond " It was ok, just ok" and she says "Oh, thats too bad, that will be $32.21" if your going to ask, and the response is not good, why not find out why? At the very least so that it does not happen again? Or why even bother asking. At the end of the day, I had an $10 2 egg omelette, that was avg. My friend had blueberry pancakes that were "ok" and they don't give a crap about customer service, because it is a resort town and I assume they are not counting on repeat business. Very dissappointing. OH, and just so you know before you go, they only take CASH, no checks, no credit cards, or debit cards. They do have an ATM on site that is out of order for you though.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Happyharvick
North Carolina
“We loved it!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We ate at Pancake Pantry 3 mornings in a row. We thought it was great. Yes, there is a line but the line is there for a reason - the delicious food. Two of our kids have food allergies & the owner/manager was very sympathetic having a grandchild with a nut allergy. He was very kind to us & assured us the kids would be fine. I am on a low sugar diet so I ordered the sweet potato pancakes with the sugar-free syrup. It was great! The pancakes were thick, sweet due to the sweet potatoes & the special syrup was not as good as what normally comes with it (a cinnamon syrup) but it was still good as far as sugar free goes. Other things ordered during our trip were strawberry crepes, mixed berry crepes, whole wheat pancakes and apple caramel pancakes or maybe it was crepes (a special). We all decided the stand outs were the sweet potato pancakes and the apple caramel. YUM. I wish we had a pancake pantry where we live I would go tonight!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank NorthCarolinaRoxy
“The best pancakes I have ever eaten!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Excellent service and the pancakes were divine!! My husband and I really enjoyed our breakfast. We will definitely go back again!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Darthcutee
Huntington, West Virginia
“I wouldn't eat here again”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

There is very often a very long line to get into this restaurant. My friends and I decided that we wanted to try it out to see what all the fuss was about. We were seated very quickly, and our waitress took our drink and food orders promptly. Both of my friends asked if they could add or substitute items in breakfast combos even if it meant an up charge. We were told that there were no substitutions. The food arrived and was average at best. The pancakes were fine and the syrup was thin. Nothing was bad but nothing was particularly good either. For the price (by the way, they only accept cash and while there is an ATM available who wants to pay an additional amount to get cash for an average, at best, breakfast). I also thought the meal, and most choices of meals, were pretty pricey. I was on vacation, and I typically expect more expensive meals in places like this. I still thought it was pricey in comparison (we had several better breakfasts with comparable items, in the area, that cost about half what we paid here). I still don't understand why there is a line, and I would never go back.

Visited August 2013