“Wait is long, but food is good. Cash only!”
Review of Pancake Pantry

Pancake Pantry
Ranked #15 of 200 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: We are a family owned and operated restaurant that specializes in great food and friendly service. We are a tradition for families and a landmark for Gatlinburg. So come enjoy our house...
Reviewed November 26, 2012

These pancakes were very good. My hubby and I had the Morning Star breakfast which was shredded hash browns with cheese and a fried egg on top with onions, peppers, and pimentos. It was served with 3 buttermilk pancakes with a heap of butter and syrup. The syrup in this part of the country is very thin and watery so you have to get used to it I guess. The food was very welcome after a 45 min cold wait in a line outside. The staff was cheery but the "line master" outside was a bit grumpy. I guess I would be too if I had to stand out in 30 degree weather managing a line.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,993)

Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Pancake Pantry is a must when in Gatlinburg! I just wish I could get a half-order of Pecan Pancakes - the coffee and service are fab!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

The food and service are top notch! The pancakes are tender and fluffy, the Applewood Bacon, the bean salad, homemade potato chips are all delis! I had breakfast at another pancake place and it was not nearly as good. I will say that the people are friendly and the service is great! I did not find the prices high at all.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

good service, great food, great value. BUT, you better get there early because there is a long wait. Everyone knows how great it is and is willing to wait for it.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

The Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area has a plethora of pancake joints. On the end of the Pigeon Forge strip, heading into Gatlinburg, I counted three alone. Pancake Pantry always has a huge line and with good reason - the food for the money cannot be beat. I had a bacon and cheese omelet and buttermilk pancakes. No complaints at all.