“Average!”

Ranked #32 of 209 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: We are a family owned and operated restaurant that specializes in great food and friendly service. We are a tradition for families and a landmark for Gatlinburg. So come enjoy our house...
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Average tasting food, but not worth the time you have to wait. We are also seasoned travelers of Gatlinburg and expected a little more. Table to close together, probably won't eat there again.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,355)

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is one of THE places to go that is recommended by almost everyone who has been to Gatlinburg. It was good. I had pancakes, bacon and eggs. They tasted like pancakes, bacon and eggs. There was only one syrup that they make themselves our waitress told us. It is VERY thin and O.K. Bottom line, my three grandkids loved it. They got "Bears in the Snow" pancakes and chocolate chip pancakes, etc. Better than IHOP? Probably not. This was my second time there. Also, in all fairness, I did not try anything other than basic fare.

We got there early, sometime after 7:00 a.m. on a Saturday. We had no trouble getting in immediately. When we left some approximately 45 minutes later, there was a pretty good line. However, we had heard to get there early so as not to have to wait. Also, as I recall, from 7 to 9 a.m., you can park on the street. However, after 9 a.m. you will get a ticket.

Our waitress was super nice and did a wonderful job. All the people who worked there we came in contact with were exceptionally nice.

Therefore, I give it a "4". Kids loved it. I liked it. No complaints. Also, though, I believe this is the place that accepts basically "cash only" - no credit cards.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The food is very average for a breakfast place. The service is very good, but the food is very average. I can't believe we waited for 45 minutes in the chill and drizzle for this place

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We are seasoned travelers of Gatlinburg and go at last once a year for the past ten years and have never tried this place so at the guidence of a friend we tried Pancake Pantry on 10-06-12. After a 30 minute wait were were seated. The resturant was very busy and you must be careful as you maneuver past other tables. The waitress was friendly and attentive but that is the only positive thing I can say. The food was no better than any other "chain" restaurant that is by far cheaper. I had the "Ham & Hashbrown Omelette" platter, my wife had pancakes and bacon and two kids meals for the low price of around $60.00. In my opinion way too much for the simple breakfast.

1  Thank apd1015
Reviewed October 8, 2012

When there is a line outside the restaurant for breakfast, you know something must be good. We always make the Pancake Pantry a must breakfast meal when visiting Gatlinburg. I had Caribbean Pancakes and they were scrumptious and loaded with bananas, pecans and coconut. My wife had blueberry pancakes and was equally impressed with her meal. We went to use our travel card which is like a debit card and the cashier said they take cash only. This kind of caught us by surprise but fortunately we had enough cash to cover the meal. I noticed on their door a small sign about not taking credit cards or personal checks so not sure if the cashier could have been mistaken on our debit card. Just something to keep in mind if you are going to eat there. Was the only place we encountered on our entire vacation that didn't take our debit card (travel card). Other than that, food and service was great!