“Now I like pancakes.”

Ranked #14 of 200 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: We are a family owned and operated restaurant that specializes in great food and friendly service. We are a tradition for families and a landmark for Gatlinburg. So come enjoy our house...
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I usually do not like pancakes and in the past when we ate at Pancake Pantry I would order an omelet or we would go later in the day and I would order off the lunch menu. I did research on Trip Advisor for this restaurant and it looked like a lot of recommendations for the Pecan Pancakes so that is what I got and they were really good except they were not hot or not even warm. My husband usually likes pancakes but he decided on an egg dish with 2 eggs, sausage, 3 pancakes and a side order of hash browns. He said his pancakes were cold also his hash browns were burnt. Needless to say he was NOT happy with his meal that morning.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,073)

Reviewed November 6, 2011

This visit was a dissapoinment. My husband and I went to pancake pantry on our honeymoon because his parents went there on their honeymoon 41 years ago. We arrived at 7:45 am and waited only about 20 minutes to get in. My husband parked the car while I waited in line and he was within view of the door when the hostess was ready for us. I told her he was right out the door and pointed to him just about 50 feet from the door and she would not seat us and skipped our turn. We didn't have to wait much longer, and I would have expected her to do that had he still been parking the car, but he was right out the door! The restaurant was very crowded ( which wouldn't have bothered us had the food been good!). I ordered an omellette with the pancakes on the side and my husband had the pigs in a blanket. The omellette wasn't very good - all of the veggies and meat was on top of it rather than cooked into it. The pancakes were nothing special, honestly I would take Ihops over them! The pigs in a blanket were average. The server was very good, and checked in multiple times even though she had many tables. Also make sure you bring cash as they don't take credit or debit cards. There is an ATM, but I'm guessing there is a service fee associated with that.

1  Thank Joyful418
Reviewed November 5, 2011

A MUST for anyone traveling to Gatlinburg. Awesome food. Great service. I had the Carribean pancakes with the cinnamon cream syrup and whipped cream instead of the powdered sugar and regular syrup. I thought I had died and gone to Heaven!

Reviewed November 4, 2011

We ate at the Pancake Pantry for the third time and it did not disappoint. The blueberry pancakes are my favorite. The line looks extremely long, but it moves very fast. It is well worth the wait. I will eat there every time I am in town. It is a must do when you visit Gatlinburg.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

We heard so much about this place, and we couldn't wait to try it. It's located right on the main strip in Gatlinburg. We were told that there is always a wait to get in for breakfast so we got there around 8:45 on a Friday morning. We had to wait about 15 minutes in line, but boy was it worth the wait!! The pancakes were some of the best I've ever had. The menu has a huge variety of different types of pancakes, and you can get waffles, too, and the typical breakfast foods - eggs, bacon and grits. The blueberry pancakes are so good - very light and fluffy! My niece got the french toast which was also excellent. Just remember to bring cash - they don't accept credit or debit cards, but they do have an ATM in the restaurant. Even though it was very crowded, service was exceptionally fast. We'll definitely be back!