“They charged extra for flavored syrup. Not good if you want repeat cusotomers.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pancake Pantry

Pancake Pantry
Ranked #15 of 194 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Cash Only, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a family owned and operated restaurant that specializes in great food and friendly service. We are a tradition for families and a landmark for Gatlinburg. So come enjoy our house...
Johnstown, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

We have eaten at the Pancake Pantry three other times over the years. On this particular trip we had to wait in a line outside. No big deal. Even though the place is huge, it is a place where everyone wants to try their pancakes. I ordered chocolate chip pancakes and when I asked for more chocolate chips the waitress informed me that it would cost an additional $1.60 more. I made due but did not eat all of my pancakes because I don't like plain pancakes. My 21 year old daughter ordered the silver dollar pancakes and asked for flavored syrup to which the waitress informed us would also be an additional fee. What? They already charge more than the other pancake places to begin with. Apparently if you want the flavored syrup you have to order the pancakes that goes with the flavored syrup. Example: blueberry pancakes, blueberry syrup. Our waitress was effecient, but was very unfriendly. We decided that we would not be returning to the Pancake Pantry ever again and would take our business where we had eaten earlier in the week, "Flapjacks" restaurant. The food was very good & less expensive plus you could find 10% off coupons everywhere and the service was friendly & fast.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“The best pancakes by far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

Decided to eat here after seeing pancake after pancake house in the area. A local recommended this restaurant to us and I am glad she did. The pancakes are delicious and there are so many types to choose from... blueberry to sweet potato cinnamon spice to buckwheat to buttermilk pancakes. The service was quick and friendly. The whipped butter that is scooped on top of the pancakes is so yummy. Each plate of pancakes come with 5 pancakes so the portions are generous. Some of the different pancakes come with their own syrups like bluberry compote to cinnamon sugar syrup to regular. Oh so yummy. This sure is a good treat while visiting the area.

2 Thank Kelly5182
Chicago, Illinois
“Over priced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

Upon first arrival we thought this would be a great place from the reviews and how busy it was. We were placed at a table crowded in a overpacked place. The prices were a shock for pancakes. When it finally arrived there was a large scoop of butter on top of cold pancakes. We only saw our waitress three times, when we ordered, when the food came, and when the checks came. The policy was separate checks for each person at a table. The table next to us had ten people, I could hear them trying to figure out a tip, and complaining about the separate checks. We've had better food and service at fast food restaurants.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Niceville, Florida
“Nothin like it in my book”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

I can't say anything negative because I was blown away ! We were the 3rd group to go in and have a seat. We arrived 10 minutes prior to opening time. There was no waiting time but on friday there was ( we went on wednesday ). Had a window seat. Sister ordered Strawberry Crepes.. Amazing and Beautiful.. real tasty ! Mother had Pigs in Blankets, not what you would imagine.. Yummy !! I had Cinnamon and Spice Pancakes. I ate these with NO syrup they were That good ! A little pricey but I knew that in advance and bought accordingly. I walked out paying $15.00 for myself but well worth it. There is NO other place I have been too that serves yummy tasting food like the pantry. Staff was Very Friendly ...

3 Thank Angelzzzzz6
Wilmington, Delaware
“Over-priced & greasy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

Third trip to area & normally eat here at least once for breakfast (never had lunch here so not sure if any better). Service good but prices have gone up. Regular pancakes were just average but the hash browns were way too greasy to even eat! My mother loves the Smoky Mountain Buckwheat pancakes. She may be the only one in our party that will return. Would not recommend.

• 1 of 5 bubbles