“Fantastic!”

Bennett's Pit Bar-B-Que
Ranked #16 of 200 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving the area's best slow-smoked ribs, beef, chicken, sausage and pork for almost a quarter of a century! Come find out why we are voted BEST RIBS and BEST BBQ year after year by the readers of the Mountain Press. Come taste the difference homemade makes, with our delicious BBQ beans, cole slaw, potato salad and so much more that perfectly compliments our mouth watering BBQ. And we don't stop there, with homemade appetizers like Fried Pickle Chips, Spicy Mozzarella Squares in Pork Chili, AMAZING chicken wings and many more. All this delicious food is served by the friendliest staff around. We also feature a full All You Can Eat Soup and Salad Bar every day, as well as an All You Can Eat Breakfast Buffet. We have a complete kids menu to satisfy their tastes as well. Finally, remember we are locally owned and operated for almost 26 years.
Reviewed August 4, 2007

If you find Bennet's barbecue dishes anything but fantastic, then you must not like barbecue! I have eaten at many barbecue restaurants, and I don't believe I've ever had better ribs. Another member of our party ordered brisket, and found it equally good. The server (Mike, I believe) actually seemed to like his job and his customers--a fact that we found refreshing. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!

3  Thank RoadTripTraveler

Reviewed July 26, 2007

My husband and I visit Gatlinburg about once a year. We've found Bennett's BBQ to be one of the best values for breakfast. The travel coupon booklets offer clippings with 10% off, so be sure and take one along with you. The breakfast bar offers hot and cold breakfast foods, the atmosphere is very casual and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The bar choices include eggs, grits, oatmeal, bacon, sausage, toast, biscuits, pancakes, waffles, ceral (variety), and many fruits.

5  Thank mistymorn
Reviewed July 24, 2007

My wife and I come up to the mountains every year from East Texas and we have to eat at Bennett's BBQ everytime at least once. Our friends that join us in Gatlinburg, TN every year consider a religious experience. The Pigeon Forge Location leaves a little to be desired but the Gatlinburg location is absolutely spectacular. A must while in Gatlinburg, TN.

1  Thank ReddawgFX4
Reviewed June 28, 2007

We had dinner here one weeknight in June, after reading the rave reviews, but found it to be average at best. The sausage and the pork barbecue are good, the brisket is OK but without much flavor, and the ribs were so tough they were difficult to cut apart with a knife. You had to peel the meat from the top, like beef jerky. The salad bar was good (although not a fantastic as the "best" votes would have you believe-- it's relatively small) and I couldn't make a single complaint about the service. The place is attractive and clean, and my kids enjoyed their kids meals. But my husband is terrific at barbecuing, so I have pretty high standards, especially when it comes to pork ribs. I wanted to love Bennett's and expected to, given how many awards they have hanging in the entrance, so I hate to admit it was pretty much a disappointment. If you're a barbecue aficionado, you probably want to look elsewhere.

4  Thank Minivan-Madness
Reviewed May 30, 2007

Our dinner at Bennett's was outstanding! Our server was wonderful and on top of things. Our food arrived fast and hot. Their fries were awesome! The bbq was even better. It was all around the best meal we had all week.

1  Thank terry3