“Big Portions and Delicious Food!!”

Bennett's Pit Bar-B-Que
Ranked #17 of 199 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving the area's best slow-smoked ribs, beef, chicken, sausage and pork for almost a quarter of a century! Come find out why we are voted BEST RIBS and BEST BBQ year after year by the readers of the Mountain Press. Come taste the difference homemade makes, with our delicious BBQ beans, cole slaw, potato salad and so much more that perfectly compliments our mouth watering BBQ. And we don't stop there, with homemade appetizers like Fried Pickle Chips, Spicy Mozzarella Squares in Pork Chili, AMAZING chicken wings and many more. All this delicious food is served by the friendliest staff around. We also feature a full All You Can Eat Soup and Salad Bar every day, as well as an All You Can Eat Breakfast Buffet. We have a complete kids menu to satisfy their tastes as well. Finally, remember we are locally owned and operated for almost 25 years.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The food here is great!!! It did take a while for our waiter to wait on us after we were seated but the food kinda made up for that. I had the carolina bbq sandwich and there was enough food leftover to eat off of again. My only complaint was the staff. It seemed as though our waiter was too busy to really wait on us. But the food is yummy!!!!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Looks like an amazing place until you get your food. Very small portions we all left still hungry and not very good tasting either. I dont mind paying high prices for good food but this place should be ashamed of what they serve for the price. The hostess was wonderful but our waitress was very unfriendly especially compared to all the other workers

Jonathan_JFoR, Owner at Bennett's Pit Bar-B-Que, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Shay E,

First of all, thanks for sharing your thoughts on your Bennett's meal with the TripAdvisor community. I'm happy to respond to some of your thoughts.

As for portions being small, I can cite a handful of reviews in near vicinity to yours describing generous portions. Everybody has a different idea of what is fair or generous and I TRULY believe we have portions that our more than adequate to the vast majority of our customers. Our reviews and repeat business and awards throughout the years are the proof in the pudding. I'm sorry that you felt that our portions were inadequate and, no, I am not ashamed of our portion sizes.

As for the food, not tasting good...well, I'm sorry you felt that way. There are no specifics in your review to really respond to, but I would -- again -- cite the many very positive reviews right here on Trip Advisor, the many awards we've garnered over 20-some years and the many many customers who come back to us year after year. Taste is subjective but when you've been doing it for this long you're doing something right. I'm proud of our bar-b-que. I'm sorry it wasn't right for you on this visit.

If you care to email me by sending an email via the "contact us" page on our website, we can figure out who your server was and I'm happy to have a very frank discussion with her about her performance during your visit. We expect no less than terrific, personable customer service from our servers...and our staff, in general.

Finally, you mentioned the prices being too high. I disagree. Our prices are in line with competition and reflect the thought and effort that goes into preparing and serving a delicious bbq meal.

Please consider giving us another shot. You won't be sorry.

Jonathan

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

$8.99 Breakfast buffet loaded with biscuits, gravy, bacon, pulled pork, sausage, eggs, pancakes, French toast, grits, fried potatoes, fried apples, donut holes, mini muffins, lots of fresh fruits, salad bar items, English muffins, bagels, and whipped desserts.
Great food, quick service. We would of never thought to go to a BBQ place for a breakfast buffet, but it was great!
Several of the coupon books have a 10 to 15% off also.
Parking in front on street or lot in the rear.
Extra bonus for having a electric hybrid plug in, in the rear parking lot!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The staff is nice and friendly. The food is average. I have had better BBQ at other places. There is too much liquid smoke in their sauce in my opinion...(I actually read the ingredients for their sauce). The veggies that came with our meal were canned. I thought they would have had fresh ones in July. Overall I was not impressed and I will not eat here again. It's not a really bad place, but there are much better places near by. If you are really into true BBQ you probably will not be happy.

Dear MercsMiles,

First of all, thanks for sharing your thoughts about your meal at Bennett's with the Trip Advisor community. I'll be happy to respond to some of your thoughts.

As for our food being average, I think you've got to be more than average to be a very successful restaurant for over 21 years, to garner the reviews we do at a place like TripAdvisor and to be a regular award-winner. However, taste is unique to all individuals. I am sorry that Bennett's wasn't for you as it was for so many others on Trip Advisor and elsewhere.

There are many different opinions/tastes out there with regard to bbq sauce. People go nuts for ours and have for decades. Again, I'm sorry it wasn't for you. Perhaps you noticed there were three bottles of alternative sauces at your table? Also, don't know what to say about your liquid smoke comment? There's no shame to that being one of many ingredients. Our bbq is all smoked slow and low to perfect tenderness. The sauce is just one piece of the puzzle.

Veggies are not canned. They are all prepared right there in the kitchen and, in my humble opinion, are pretty yummy.

Finally, I would urge anybody reading this who is a true bbq aficionado to disregard your advice and come see us. We are a local, family-owned company that doesn't rest on its laurels. Many, many years of success don't keep us from constantly striving to be better at what we do...it never will.

I'm sorry you left unhappy. Please give us another shot and I think you'll feel better about Bennett's. If any part of your meal is not perfect, just reach out to a manager and they'll make it right.

Jonathan

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Have been to Bennett's several times and have not been disappointed yet. Some of the best BQ you will ever have in this region. The portions are huge and you will always have leftovers for the next day (or snack that night). I highly recommend the blackberry cobbler!!!